passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

We tried sorting that at the time. I'm guessing when he switched his recording mic from the laptop one to his headset he did it with skype and not podcast station, so it sounded fine to me but recorded everything in the room. He cant do anything without his servants

Also just a reminder, no talky podcast this week, should be one next week tho

I had a machine that makes a clicky sound to annoy podcast people. I dont really know where that noise was coming from, I think it was Ben's end actually.... he was practising his scouse lock picking techniques.

Not sure why i did an accent at the end, it was awesome though.

• 2 weeks later...

Whaay! Podcast!

I've no-scoped someone on Halo.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Oh, and Infinite Space isn't a SMT game, that would be Strange Journey you're thinking of, Benjy.

Yeah, anyways. Nice work, I had a friend that bought that Matrix game, I saw it and it was truly woeful.

Good cast, regarding iTouch games the general rule is if it has a virtual d-pad then avoid it like the plague.

On Odama you have flippers as well as soldiers, you have to fire a ball round the table/map and so you can crush your own men as well as the enemy. It's not great.

• 2 weeks later...

MFGamers Podcast 57 - What We're Playing

The Ben and Jim Episode.

Ben is joined by Jim, and they talk about various games. And some politics.

Theme music is a surprise

Background music is DSI Ware Shopping Channel

MFGamers Podcast 57 (Standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

I've mixed this one up a bit for varieties sake. Let me know what you think. Includes a new MFGamers theme.

good podcast guys :)

Jimbo - about espgaluda 2 on the iphone, i assume the arcade mode plays like the arcade game, if so there's some slowdown modes you can activate, i tried to explain this in one of the threads:

"in normal mode shooting enemies gives you green gems, you need these to go into the first slowdown mode (i don't know what they're called - the one where you tap the button),

in the first slowdown mode killing enemies gives you gold from their bullets (like in espgaluda 1), to go into the second slowdown mode (hold the button) you need both gold and green gems,

in the second slowdown mode when you kill an enemy, it's bullets dissapear briefly then double and head towards you and give you a big score multiplier (or something like that) - this is where you get all the points, or not in my case.

in both slowdown modes i think you automatically use some of your bomb/barrier instead of dying (edit - iphone might have permanent auto-bomb on?), and there's the over mode where the bullets go faster, which happens when you run out of gold/green gems in the slowdown modes."

from what i've read when you enter the slowdown mode on the iphone mode your ship can't move and you tap on the screen on bullets to cancel them or something.

i can't look at my ipod any more without being dissapointed it won't play this :(

I've mixed this one up a bit for varieties sake. Let me know what you think. Includes a new MFGamers theme.

Like the theme, like the "What you're playing" sting, I don't think the "what we're playing" one is as clear as it could be.

Good episode, some sync issues here and there but good show all the same. :)

Nice to have different backing music. :D

Oh, iPhone talk.

Good podcast.. so is 3D Dot Heroes good in its own right or is it one of those games that requires gamer knowledge to enjoy, like No More Heroes?

I suspect the joke might wear a bit thin, but it's a solid enough game. I can forward it on to you if you want?

Like the theme, like the "What you're playing" sting, I don't think the "what we're playing" one is as clear as it could be.

Good episode, some sync issues here and there but good show all the same. :)

Nice to have different backing music. :D

Glad you liked the theme. I'm going to upload it to the FTP site for future use. I'll fart around with the stings to get them right. Maybe Wiivo could let me know what he uses on his music casts. I heard the DSI Ware music on another podcast, and liked it.

The theme is made up of some samples from the NASA site, my txt to wav editor, and a royalty free track called 'We Interrupt This Program'.

Gratuitous Space Battles isn't really a "banner ad game". It may have been an ad that alerted cyberpunk to it's existence, but Positech is a legit, established indie developer (well, technically it's a bloke called Cliff who used to work for Lionhead).

The game does look pretty good though: http://www.positech.co.uk/gratuitousspacebattles/index.html

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic