passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown

DisturbedSwan

This was not on my radar, at all. Then I saw the reviews. Then I played the demo.

Man, this is REALLY good. I’m definitely going to rent it. I’m already getting Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Apollo Justice Trilogy and Last Of Us Part 2: £10 upgrade. 
But yeah, I really like this.

It's actually a proper demo, too, and not just *insert beginning of the game*. They let you run around a certain path by blocking off a couple of screen exits and give you some tools, but not all of them, to play around with movement and combat options. Not unlike the Immortals demo now that I think about it, which was the last UbiSoft game I enjoyed. Minor detail, but I also liked that you can choose Persian language.

I played it on Switch, runs fine most of the time. I'll see whether or not I prefer it on Xbox, but I suspect Switch's digital shoulder buttons might be an advantage here for quick dashes and parries.

Edit: lol, seems like the game forces you to be online on every platform except Switch. That's one easy decision where to pick it up then.

Played the demo and loved it. Definitely going to pick it up, and appreciate the slightly lower retail price. 

I'm glad to hear it performs well on everything. I was tempted to go Switch but think it has to be Series X for me. It felt so good so play with the 120hz.

PSA - don’t get this on Xbox. There’s a really noticeable input delay. Thought I’d got a setting wrong on TV or something. Kept missing jumps and parries. But nope. Been complained about by a lot of people specifically on Xbox. PS5 and Switch are fine.

FFS!! Can’t refund it either since I used a code. 

I need to check if I’ve got auto HDR on. Turning that off supposedly alleviates a lot of it, although it’s still there. Pretty certain I’ve already got that off though. 

That’ll teach me for buying a game digitally & day 1…

So turned off Auto HDR (&HDR10 to make sure) & it feels a lot better now. Really strange since this game doesn’t have HDR and doesn’t support Auto HDR so I wouldn’t think that’d change anything? But whatever, I can enjoy it now. 

Glad the Xbox version is still good. That’s where I want to play it.

I feel like Auto HDR should always be left off anyway. It’s the one Xbox graphics feature I think is really bad.