passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Trailers & Teasers

DANGERMAN

Rather optimistic about this, seems to capture the spirit of the source material really well. The goofy humour is intact, as are the extravagant martial arts flourishes while bending. Even the CGI doesn't look half bad I think. Original soundtrack is just the cherry on top.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realised Blunt has done barely any comedies (the last I remember was Devil wears Prada) despite being a rather funny person in real life. Might be good. Gosling seems to be everywhere at the moment though, or maybe that's just the perception I got from this side of my bubble.

Released images from the Borderlands movie

Borderlands-1.webp?width=1200&height=120

Borderlands-film.jpg?width=1200&height=1

Can’t say I’m particularly interested in a Borderlands movie. I never liked the characters or the writing in these games. Just liked the run’n’gun looter aspect. But they’ve definitely nailed the costumes 

Cate Blanchett as Lilith is so weird to see. I wonder how the discussions went to convince her, or if she was really seeing something in the script. I presume Jack Black is doing Claptrap? That one I can get behind immediately.

Hard to place bets on whether this will be okay or absolutely terrible. Blanchett usually does great stuff, Hart only does trash. Looking forward to that trailer.

The dialogue and jokes look shit but the dialogue and jokes in Borderlands was always shit so mission accomplished

Can’t knock them for the visuals, though. Everything looks great, at least

Yeah, the look is good enough and surprisingly close to the games, but everything else...

What's up with those 'trailer starts now' thingies btw.? So many companies are doing it and I don't really see the point. It's like having a second waiter at the restaurant who just randomly pops up between ordering and receiving your food to tell you what you'll be getting.

You know it’s going to be lame because even in something as short as a trailer they had to put the same joke in twice. Kevin Hart looking back at a young teenager saying don’t do this, the young teenager doing it anyway, then shouting ensues 

But tbh if you look at the jokes in Borderlands it’s not a million miles away. Even though I don’t think this trailer looks good to me, it does look like a good Borderlands trailer, if that makes sense

I’d say Borderlands would work better as a TV show. I typically don’t like game movies, as they just rush through the plot at breakneck speed. This will be what, 2 hours or so? So it’ll be “Here’s these characters, some stuff happens, middle bit, resolution, the end”. 

I dunno. I’m not a massive fan of the franchise, it has some decent moments. Would I see this in the cinema? Nah. I’ll wait for it to eventually hit streaming services.