passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Island 2

Nag

• 4 years later...

I believe them simply because it's THQ Nordic and if there is an IP going spare they will own it. I expect it to be unveiled as a F2P battle royale game at some point. I honestly lost interest after Yager got dropped. 

I forgot that this was a thing. I think Dying Light 2 will be the one to watch if you're into this sort of thing. Saying that World War Z came out of nowhere and become a bit of a darling, so I'm guessing there's still a thirst for zombie games

If only Valve would stop fucking about and make Left 4 Dead 3. I would be made up if that happened.

9 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

If only Valve would stop fucking about and make Left 4 Dead 3. I would be made up if that happened.

It's happening, in a roundabouts way.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, mmmark said:

Dead Island’s biggest problem is that Dying Light exists. 

Funnily enough, I enjoyed Dead Island, and Riptide, and having played TLoU and RE I'd pretty much had my fill of zombie games, so skipped Dying Light - but I would be more inclined to go with Dead Island 2 than a different franchise.

However, 2021 (or whenever is comes out) is a much different place than 2011 was and perhaps DI's heavily stereotyped characters aren't really suitable for these brighter, more enlightened times.

11 hours ago, mmmark said:

Dead Island’s biggest problem is that Dying Light exists. 

I think the two are having a competition of which will come out the latest at this point ?

4 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

Play Dying Light, it's fantastic.

I second this, @shinymcshine give Dying Light a go. 

• 1 year later...

I'm not sure if the entire thread for this was nuked when I (allegedly) became a Nazi.... either way I couldn't find it with the search function.🤷‍♂️

Seems this was listed for a time on Amazon (it's been removed now) with a February release and new screens + box art.

dead-island-2-a_10adfcfb-fc40-487f-a0cf-ff2f80c311a2.jpg

dead-island-2-b_61dcd4ef-f1c4-4cbc-98f5-0d04579c4cde.jpg

dead-island-2-d_5e3a711b-8476-4a79-a137-9a00127fe502.jpg

Spoiler

dead-island-2-c_ad2f9400-92b0-4470-9313-07d5d13ced6e.jpg

dead-island-2-xbox_38cc271f-c88e-4c5e-8ce1-45b85c5262b5.jpg

Dead Island 2 appears to finally be nearing release, according to a new Amazon listing for the game. (via Gematsu)

New listings for the game on Amazon reveal versions for Xbox One / Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. We've also got four new screenshots, which, well, look a lot like what you'd expect from Dead Island. And we've got some brand new box art as well.

Meanwhile, while they've since been removed, Gematsu reports that a release date and full description of the game were originally shown on the Amazon listings. The release date is set for 3rd February 2023, while the description confirms that the game is set in Los Angeles, and while see players taking on he role of a character who is not only immune to the zombie infection, but can utilise that new found zombie power.

“The much-loved zombie saga is back with a unique formula of horror, dark humor and over the top zombie-slaying, spanning an epic pulp adventure,” reads the official description. 

“Dead Island 2 is a thrilling first-person action RPG that takes players across a brand-new playground. Stylish, vibrant and flooded with zombie infection, explore iconic, gore-drenched Los Angeles. Meet larger-than-life characters. Slay countless foes in exquisitely bloody detail. And evolve to become the ultimate Zombie Slayer. See you in HELL-A!”

Fingers crossed

Those are definitely women's hands in those shots... or Ezra Miller. I'd so love for this to be great after the disappointment of Dying Light 2 but it's not looking good for a game that's been through so much turmoil in its development.

• 2 months later...