passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Alone in the Dark Reboot

Maf

This will already have a hard time selling a few copies in a spot where there's not much going on, so moving it out of October, where I suspect even an existing IP like Alan Wake is going to struggle, seems like a very reasonable thing to do. Probably a good thing that their marketing hadn't ramped up yet either, I don't think I've seen anything of this game yet other than Uncanny Valley versions of Harbour and Comer talk to the camera.

17 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

I've downloaded the 'prologue' to play before the main game - but read somewhere that it's only about 10 mins long so you don't really get much of a feel of things anyway.

Same. I downloaded it on Steam, but by the time Baldur's Gate 3 came out I needed the space more than I needed to play that demo 

• 2 months later...

Still don't know how I feel about this game... on the one hand it's my jam, third person and horror themed but on the other it just looks a bit cheap (that gals green dress looks terrible)

Alan Wake II just shows this up completely, if we're talking about presentation at least. It's a bit unfortunate for these guys that their game seems to be going for a similar sort of thing

I wonder why they're leaning so heavily on cinematics here cause it's not impressive at all even with the likenesses

The green dress looks like something a FFVII character would wear, in the original game

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

6/10 not the worst score in the world. But a bit of a let down. I was half interested in this. Now it’s a ‘wait for Gamepass’

IMG_0592.jpeg

1 Point less than Atlas Fallen, which was one of my favourite games from last year. Just saying.

It really is bad release timing though, but they already delayed it to get out of another competitive spot. Sometimes you just can't win, like maf in GG.

• 4 weeks later...

DF generally positive about the game. Tech side it’s passable with some issues, mainly the camera not being great for combat seems rough. But they say the puzzles are fun and it’s worth playing

It really reminds me of The Medium for some reason. Which isn’t good because that game stinks. Still I want to play this. It doesn’t look great, but it does look enjoyable. Roll on, Gamepass