passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Direct 23.09.21

Maf

Consider me boring if you want but getting to play N64 games this year? Ahhh amazing. Get to play some of my favourite games again let’s go.

Also Sin and Punishment? I never played the first one so will be good to try. 

No Gameboy stuff, though 😓

No love for Charlie Day? It was an 7/10 direct. Most was 2022. A list of diverse games again which by default displeases 2/3 of people watching because every game that’s not for them is a negative. 

Surprised cloud gaming is still on the agenda. I thought the first which was AC and Japan only would be a one hit wonder but they’re all giving it a shot.

Kirby looks sparse but that’s so long away. 

As for N64, I’ve been looking into getting one and an hdmi adapter. I’ll hold off for now to see how these are handled but the games I want aren’t the obvious ones like m64 or banjo. I’d definitely take winback tho and f-zero. I want goemon, goldeneye, beetle adventure racing, MRC.. so many I’d be surprised if they ever came to fruition. 

Played the Voice of Cards demo earlier (doubt a proper topic is worth it). It's intriguing. The voice over starts off as a bit of an annoying fourth-wall-breaking thing but as soon as the proper story beings it's hard to imagine the game without. It's also a pleasantly, slightly gruff voice, a bit like the narrator in Bastion but without such a thick accent. The game itself reminded me a bit of Crimson Shroud, which also had this 'sort of lively but also static' take on a tabletop experience. It's weird how bad some things look even though the game is very minimalistic (the cards have some horrible aliasing around the edges) but there are some very nice flourishes there as well, like a game board being quickly put on top of the playing field when a battle happens. What I find a bit weird is that the whole card thing is a purely visual feature. In fights you just choose attacks normalles, if you equip something you pick it out of your inventory etc.. There's no deck-building or anything and basically no RNG outside of a couple of attacks that demand a dice roll, it's just that everything is represented as a card, nothing more, nothing less. In that sense this should also appeal to people who don't like card-based games but as to why they chose that style in the first place is anyone's guess. At 30 bucks it's unfortunately more pricey than I'm willing to put towards some DRM downloadable game but I'll keep an eye out for a potential physical release or a sale. Good first impression and I wonder how nutty the story ends of being because the initial setup is rather classic (group of adventurers gets asked to retreive a stolen royal teasure). (Sorry for shitty format but the forum was messing with me again)

8 hours ago, Maf said:

Cough up @mfnick

2022, no money for you.

Will check out some of this later I went to bed part way through because it was boring. 

From what I’ve seen already though, Chris Pratt as Mario and Martinet as a side character? The fuck?

Seeing Nintendo advertise a Mega Drive controller is blowing my mind. Why the 3 button version though? Yuk. Also don’t see the point in making a fuss about MD being on the service, the Ultimate MD Collection is often on sale for £5-15 & will no doubt have 10x as many games. 

N64 games, cool but Wii managed that 15+ years ago. Why’d it take so long and from what I’ve seen it’s a paltry 9 games. They should be doing better. I’m curious to see how they work the C buttons on a normal pad though, just have the analogue act as button pressed when you push it a direction?