passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forspoken

DisturbedSwan

Or maybe they rework it into FFXVI and release it in ten years for the next-next-generation.

I've been told similar things have happened at SE.

It does look interesting though, so let's hope they can get their act together for a change.

Apparently FFXVI was actually supposed to be shown at this event according to insiders. Luminous studios broke away and cancelled the XV DLC to work on their own single player stuff.

For me the action in XV was maybe the worst I've seen in an action rpg that I'd personally played so while this looks great here I really need convincing. 

Even as a demo/tech showcase it looks more convincing than the Epic Games one from the other week. The way the characters move in both is quite similar with the big, fast jumps, but the Epic one looked completely demo and unplayable by a real player. This looked more realistic in the sense of I could imagine playing it. 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm too lazy to google but that's the girl from the failed Charlie's Angels reboot, right? She was the only good thing in that movie.

Still hard to wrap my head around what this wants to be except for Fast Movement - The Game. Looks nice though and I'm glad it's not just some tech demo that'll disappear for five years and re-emerge as a FF game.

• 5 months later...

I think it's visually appealing but it lacks a bit of oomph in how it presents itself. I know it's just a trailer but it doesn't seem really fleshed out? Hard to explain. Maybe it's a smaller game than it appears, AA instead of AAA. Would also explain why they willingly risk launching in the same period as Horizon 2.

2 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

I think it's visually appealing but it lacks a bit of oomph in how it presents itself. I know it's just a trailer but it doesn't seem really fleshed out? Hard to explain. Maybe it's a smaller game than it appears, AA instead of AAA. Would also explain why they willingly risk launching in the same period as Horizon 2.

AA with those visuals?! 

Also, this is slated for Spring 2022 which starts March 21st, Horizon 2 comes out in February. At the very least that's a month between them, which is enough I think.

I think this looks rad as fuck. There's something a bit Ms. Marvel about the protagonist that I dig.

The visuals when people are talking look a bit stiff, but that could be due to lack of availability of actors during covid (developers have said this is a big problem getting games put together). It doesn't look unbelievably high budget or anything tho, like a lot of it isn't a hundred miles away from maxed out ffxv. Obviously looking better than that game overall but the leap is the same difference between the two reboot god of wars imo.

Anyway I will need word of mouth on this one, it's technically pretty and the spell effects remind me of Dragons' Dogma but xv's combat being so bad leaves me too suspicious of it