passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil VIllage

DisturbedSwan

Looks like PS5 can run this at 4K 60 then contrary to what Dusk Golem said last year...big surprise ?

I’m gonna try the RT mode and see how I get on, I played Control at 45fps (at 1440p) on PC last year, so I’ll have to see how it goes. 

They probably expected it to be a next/current-gen exclusive when they said that (no idea who or what Dusk Golem is but that would have been my reasoning). Now we know it's cross-gen and therefore being built on a technical foundation that has to support almost ten year old hardware, so 4K60 on the new machines isn't that big of a surprise.

The VRR stuff started on monitors but they usually will say gsync/freesync on them. The reason PC ppl obsess over 60fps is cause most ppl dont have the VRR monitors.

If you do though it's great, I played most of Cyberpunk at around 40-55fps with setting rly high. Not that that was super smooth or anything but it was pretty ok. 

Lol just saw this

EzDEEE3XMAIW_-p?format=jpg&name=large

Capcom I ain't going to that level of effort to play what's probably going to be a walking sim representation of your game.

iirc there was a trick with the RE2 demo, had a timer that locked you out but just create a guest account and away you go ?‍♂️

Only just watched that upgrades vid. Is this going to be open world? I fucking hope not. I really can’t be arsed with hunting animals in yet another game. Especially a Resi Evil. Getting a bit worried now. 

No icons in Valhalla, just glowing dots ?

I’m a little worried too @mfnick but don’t think it’s open world, if I had to guess what the loop will be it’ll be castle/dungeon type bits like RE7, then you’ll get action bits in the outside Village area and be able to upgrade etc. Then back to the dark corridors, that’s my take on it from what they’ve shown (which isn’t that much). 

I’m going to play the demo cause I want to know what the Village bit is like, I’m sold on the Castle stuff. My biggest worry is it’ll be too shooty bang bang.

Kind of ridiculous that it's targeting, and even attaining, 60fps on base PS4 as well. The scalability of RE Engine is extremely impressive. Really looking forward to seeing how this performs on my VCR Xbox One whenever I get the chance to play it.

the character models look great, it's a bit too dark with the HDR on though, might need to alter that for the next demo

I escaped from the house, but didn't get to do much else. I also missed the chance for some combat by hopping a fence then just gunning it towards the house so missed what was stalking around the tall grass (Bidoof presumably)

10 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

the house

Which house?

10 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

so missed what was stalking around the tall grass

An over powered wolf man thing and then over powered respawning villages. (By respawning I mean if they chase you to a house with a door and not an interactive defence and you make it inside they respawn back into set positions in the grounds. If you look back outside fast enough you see it happening)

Am I the only one that spent all the time going from house to house almost dead looking for a second circular thing?

3 hours ago, mmmark said:

Am I the only one that spent all the time going from house to house almost dead looking for a second circular thing?

I did this as well, only had about 10 minutes left by the time I met the Father and Daughter at the gate lol.

I streamed it as well 

I wasn't that impressed with it to be honest, the Maiden demo was far superior. Texture quality was decided last/cross-gen and the enemy AI and character models weren't great either, the lighting was superb though (I guess that's the RT) and the atmosphere from the music and ambient sounds was foreboding and tense.