passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil VIllage

DisturbedSwan

I just played through VII for the first time so am in a Resident Evil mode so this got me excited.

I have issues with VII, but of they can be fixed for VIII it has the potential to be amazing.

I'm loving the way it feels like a mash up of 4 and VII ❤

I really liked 7 but ironically I’ll only be able to play this depending on how the Coronavirus is doing otherwise my mate won’t be able to come round and play it with me. I can’t play these games solo. 

The numbering is getting weird. 7 really felt like a soft reboot. Taking older gameplay elements but really changing up the tone and the pace. Then they continued to make older style games like the remakes of 2 and 3. And now they’re returning to this tone but sticking with the numbering still.

I guess it doesn’t really matter but the series starting to feel a bit split personality. 

That dev special was interesting, shame it's going more action based though as VII was definitely at it's best in tone when it was sneaky.

Funny that Chris looks likes he's being set up to be the villain though, feels like the same mistake they made with 5 having Jill as a villain ?

(Was it 5 when Jill was the villain? All I clearly remember is the racist zombies and Chris punching a boulder)

Fucking yes!!! Can’t wait for this. I loved VII and this looked like it’s going to carry that slice of awesomeness on.

Was slightly worried that after the success of Remake 2 and 3 they’d go back to 3rd person. Glad to see they aren’t, the first person view worked really really well and still has more potential. 

Cant wait. 

I'll be honest, it wasn't until I saw the Umbrella logo on the music box I even thought the trailer was Resident Evil. Aside from the title credits, it looks more like Bloodborne got a sequel by Capcom. It reminded me of all the offshoot games that came about from RE 4.

Plus, in contrast to the slimmed down RE 7 version, it looks like Chris is back on the RE 5 'roids again...

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Rikzilla said:

Crazy village in Europe? This absolutely has to be connected to 4.

Yeah I definitely think it could be. 

People have speculated from the footage shown that it's set in Romania as the currency in the inventory screen is the Romanian currency (Leu).

• 2 months later...

Like I'm not trying to put forward that stuff as something everybody should believe instantly but equally it's not something I'd dismiss out of hand

The guy is just a bit of a magnet for insider drama right now which I don't care about one way or the other, take that info or leave it I guess. I ain't super excited about RE8 personally right now until more gameplay details come out

8 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

People get so het up about this guy for some reason. I'm not into insider drama but he also predicted that RE8 would be a game about werewolves and witches, which was correct.

The game is still in dev so this stuff might not end up meaning much anyway. 

It's because when lots of positive things were being said about the PS5 he said he thought things were 'too sided' and decided to make this shite up about RE8 'struggling to run at 1080' on PS5. And then said he 'doesn't engage in console wars'. 

It won't mean anything, but an insider on the PS Era discord has tested the game and said it'll be fine. I'll take him over $600 BOM man.

3 minutes ago, Nag said:

Funny thing is I'm pretty certain Blakey has used this guy as a valid source before.... plus we all know Sony had no choice but to cut the PS5 price after the Series X reveal so he could have had that correct too.

I have, he used to be very reliable. Unfortunately he lost all validity (and also his modship on ResetEra) over the RE8 1080p PS5 fiasco. After this he lost a lot of his validity within the community as RE8 has been running at 4K on PS5 in all videos shown so far. 

And the last bit, where did you pull that out your arse from? No basis in fact at all in that statement, PS5 was always gonna be around the price it is now, ZhugeEX who is the most bankable insider in the industry along with other sources such as Bloomberg stated last year that the PS5 BOM was $450. So a $450/$499 console was on the cards, you just chose to read a load of FUD made up by folks who know fuck all. 

2 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Like I'm not trying to put forward that stuff as something everybody should believe instantly but equally it's not something I'd dismiss out of hand

The guy is just a bit of a magnet for insider drama right now which I don't care about one way or the other, take that info or leave it I guess. I ain't super excited about RE8 personally right now until more gameplay details come out

But it is something to dismiss out of hand. It's false news, it's FUD. It's complete and utter shite. 

The guy said just last week the PS5 would be $550 and has a BOM of $600, along with it costing 60,000-70,000 Yen in Japan. How is he in anyway reliable anymore? He lost his Modship on Era, no one takes the dude seriously apart from mad Xbox fanboys who have an axe to grind.