passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Game Pass & Gold (Xbox & PC)

Hendo

Ah, it was published by Sony, that is weird then.

But PC is treated as this whole other thing anyway.

Interestingly it is the non Director's Cut version. I've not really played much of DC, but a lot of the DC additions seemed weird to me considering it was a game about slowly progressing from walking to ziplining. That 'power curve' was pretty fun while it lasted till like chapter 3 or something, until the story kicked in and it became really boring

Great game if you ignore the story, kinda like MGSV I guess.

I only had a quick Google but it looks like the PC version was published by 505 games? Which maybe is why Microsoft are getting a PC version but not a console version

I would have given it a go if it were the DC but I’m not playing the original again 

• 2 weeks later...

Was on the verge of creating a news thread for this, but it's literally out in 5 hours and would be a waste of the pipes and tubes of the internet. Anyway, sounds like a must play or must check out at least. 

Immortality

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/immortality

10/10 from Edge magazine. Destructoid said 

Immortality is the kind of game that shifts the way you’re going to think about the genre moving forward. It’s got some incredible tech in its match-cut system, and it puts its themes out there in a headstrong manner that really works. Barlow got genuine gasps, and one literal shout, from me in the course of its runtime. Even for moments when I was frustrated, skimming back and forth, searching for some way to learn more, that same system made those surprises feel genuine and involved in a way most games don’t.

Immortality is another great entry to the collection of FMV puzzle-boxes that Barlow and co. have been producing for years now. I don’t quite know that I’ve played anything like it. From big revelations to little moments that just build on the life and times of Marissa Marcel, these scenes are going to stick with me for a while, living on. Immortalized.

https://www.destructoid.com/reviews/immortality-review-barlow-fmv-pc-half-mermaid/

It seems to be a FMV based mystery puzzle kind of game, but even that isn't completely clear. PC, iPad/iPhone and Series S/X consoles.

Feels like the impression thread will just be a bunch of spoiler blocks or something

EDGE's review

A review for ants

tw_coming-soon_9.webp

I may give Metal: Hellsinger a go just to annoy the wife with how loud it'll be.🤣

Also.... Leaving Xbox Game Pass on 15th September

A Plague Tale: Innocence (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Aragami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Craftopia (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
Flynn: Son of Crimson (Cloud, Console, and PC)
I Am Fish (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Lost Words: Beyond the Page (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Mighty Goose (Cloud, Console, and PC)
SkateBird (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Artful Escape (Cloud, Console, and PC)

I’m more concerned by Plague Tale and FF13 leaving than I am what’s new. Think I’ll start Plague Tale tonight because I really want to get to it before the sequel comes out. FF13 I just want to revisit and then play it’s sequels. 

I think Hellsinger looks cool but I’m put off by anything that has a rhythm aspect to it. I can’t do any kind of rhythm stuff at all 

35 minutes ago, Maf said:

I’m more concerned by Plague Tale and FF13 leaving than I am what’s new. Think I’ll start Plague Tale tonight because I really want to get to it before the sequel comes out. FF13 I just want to revisit and then play it’s sequels. 

I think Hellsinger looks cool but I’m put off by anything that has a rhythm aspect to it. I can’t do any kind of rhythm stuff at all 

I just started FF13, Will i not be able to play it when it gets removed from gamepass? i just signed up to gamepass 2 days ago and know basically nothing about it.

Goldeneye also coming to Xbox Gamepass

Sounds like going to have a simultaneous release with Switch. The Xbox version is in 4K and has achievements (and might be a proper remaster?). But Switch version is HD upscaled emulated version with exclusive online multiplayer. 

I got all this info from Twitter so if wrong shoot them not me 

Whatever one uses two sticks is the one I would play. Not true to the original, just better 

xbox will be good for BYOC situations at meetups, cause of how small the series S is.

Granted steam deck is even smaller but it's not a good system for plugging peripherals into with a monitor as well (cant give both enough power)

I wonder what the xbox situation is for third party controller support, cause it's a bit shit on PS5 as none of them work unless you play the ps4 versions. Which is still funny as sony own evo

I dunno why Strive coming to Xbox makes me so happy. But it’s legit making me smile for some reason.

PS version will still be better just because the controller is better for fighting games. 

But holy shit. This is so good