passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

No 'official' question this week (due to E3 i presume) so....

Nag says...

You get to go on stage at E3 and make one announcement and it will just happen. So, let rip with your wildest wants.

Game Pass on PlayStation and Nintendo consoles, it will work in exactly the same way it does on Xbox, games will download and work locally (somehow) and will be tied in with existing Microsoft accounts if you have one... but the account thing isn't required.

Basically a big Sega Saturn love in for me. Firstly 3 Collections - 1st one is basically a collection for all the 1st and 2nd party stuff from Sega Rally 95 to Fighters Megamix to Burning Rangers to a fully translated Shining Force 3. With included arcade perfect ports for the ones from arcade. 

A collection of all SHMUPs - including translated import only ones. 

A collection of 2D fighters including Capcom 4M import only ones.

Then the big one. Announce Panzer Dragoon Saga 2 with a full remake of the original out today for people to play to help get excited for the new one and get up to speed. 

As only two Saturn games ever blipped on my radar (Shining Force 3 and X-Men:COTA) I'd opt for a Dreamcast Collection. Also a Classic N64 mini, with all the games licensing means will likely never happen again.

Capcom announcing re-releases for Red Earth and Zack & Wiki. Plus the Vs. Collection. All of the versus games from X-Men vs Street Fighter to MvCi. including the Tatsunoko and SNK ones.

2 hours ago, Nag said:

Game Pass on PlayStation and Nintendo consoles, it will work in exactly the same way it does on Xbox, games will download and work locally (somehow) and will be tied in with existing Microsoft accounts if you have one... but the account thing isn't required.

I wouldn't mind a dedicated Microsoft gamepass portable console. Sure, you could use the switch, but the reversal of X, y, a, b buttons would be too much for my tiny brain.

Which way round do they go in the alphabet? Even as far back as the NES Nintendo have been backwards. Just because they were one of the first doesn’t mean they’re right. Everyone else does it the right way round. Time Ninty stepped in line the weirdos. 

That's why I said arguably. Personally I prefer Sony's  Square, Circle, Triangle, Cross. It makes it a lot easier to remember Fighting game inputs and combos.

My dream announcement for this E3 will be if in the Nintendo Direct a representative comes out and says “We’re really sorry for Mario Odyssey and Bowser’s Fury and can clearly see we made a mistake. We’re going back to how we were doing it before. Thank you for your patience” 

I'd probably do something similar to @mfnick and dig up a lot of SEGA classics. It's tragic how important that company was at some point for this industry and how little representation the games that made that era a reality have now. Remasters, remakes, sequels for everything from Shining Force to Panzer Dragoon (Saga) and from Dragon Force to Skies of Arcadia. Even some more modern series like Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain deserve another shot.

Because there’s water? No it’s their continuing experiment on open world Mario games. Odyssey was sort of that where it was hub world based with actual levels split off behind loading screens. They then fill the hub world with missions/secrets/run in circles filler shit. It’s really boring.

Bowser’s Fury is like them experimenting with taking those levels that were behind the loading screens, and putting them all in the same space. But It’s stupid and lame. Every level has the same 4 missions with 1 additional mission being variable. Making it repetitive and predictable. But because all the levels are in the same space they don’t have room to be expansive, creative and flowing. Because they need to fit all of it in a certain amount of room. 

Stop it, Nintendo. Go back to being purely level based. 

@OCH

Not just the water (and beaches) but the Bowser JR interactions. I think it could have been better as a proof of concept demo for the next game. Instead of releasing it as a tag-on with 3D World. It does have a lot less under the hood than most full Mario releases. Plus the giant Super Saiyan Cat Mario was just really weird...

I haven't really liked most of the recent Mario games. Something is missing.

The question this week was the obvious best and worst of this years E3, we've kind've covered that in various threads already so....

Nag says... whats the worst thing you remember from any E3 show? Be specific... no Microsofts 2013 entire show answers, that's a cop out.

I think Usher turning up on stage at Microsofts 2012 show was a real low point for me, i remember just sitting there thinking what the fuck is going on...