passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hot Topic Returns

Nag

I think the problem with VR2 is, because of the high price point, it’s always going to be a niche product. Which leads to not many games being made, as there’s a small amount of people that own one. Given the chance, I’d definitely give it a go. But at its current price, that’s absolutely not happening. 

I’m struggling to think of actual disappointments to be honest, it’s been pretty much a constant barrage of excellent games all year. Seeing Free Radical shut down recently sucked. 

All these leaks about upcoming games isn’t so much disappointing, but really bloody annoying. Trying to avoid spoilers for the latest games can be difficult enough. But now these fuckers are leaking stuff that are nowhere near done. If they could all fuck right off, it’d be appreciated.

Price and install base is absolutely the reason. Still, makes you wonder why they even released the fucking thing to begin with if they were that cagey about it.

600 euro for a bunch of Quest ports, with a tethered headset so the gameplay experience is less flexible. Glad I didn't get one. Feels like it's predestined to the same fate as Vita

All the layoffs. It’s always shit but this year has been particularly fucking terrible. All the while companies bragging about record profits. & during what a lot of people are saying is one of the best years in gaming - which I know makes no difference to a company but the juxtaposition between them is ridiculous. 

48 minutes ago, mfnick said:

All the layoffs. It’s always shit but this year has been particularly fucking terrible. All the while companies bragging about record profits. & during what a lot of people are saying is one of the best years in gaming - which I know makes no difference to a company but the juxtaposition between them is ridiculous. 

100% agree. And it’s certainly important to remember that despite it being a brilliant year, there’s been a heavy cost. 

54 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Price and install base is absolutely the reason. Still, makes you wonder why they even released the fucking thing to begin with if they were that cagey about it.

600 euro for a bunch of Quest ports, with a tethered headset so the gameplay experience is less flexible. Glad I didn't get one. Feels like it's predestined to the same fate as Vita

You’ve hit the nail on the head. It’s definitely on the track to oblivion that the Vita prematurely went down. 

Nothing leaps out so I'll say Redfall, it was just such a mess. It still looks cool, and there's bits where its really tense, but that tension invariably leads nowhere. There's really creepy sections where you sneak through under the weight of the atmosphere, but there's nothing, no enemies, no cool gear, just some ammo or some health or something. 

It was alright in co op, although I think I ended up finishing it solo 

1 hour ago, mmmark said:

Disappointed with myself for having hardly putting any time into anything. Hope to change that next year. Got into a rut of going to work, coming home, watching stuff, bed, repeat then sleeping the weekends away. 

+1 to this

Also, Hollow Knight: Silksong not coming out was a disappointment.

No new question again...

game-realease-2024-b.jpg

Nag says "With 2023 drawing to a close I want you to pick one thing you'd like to see in the gaming year of 2024, again, it doesn't have to be a single game... it could be a new console reveal, a company changing it's ways or a new feature for existing consoles. What would you like to see?"

I'm really hoping that we start getting some remakes and remasters 

This is only a small thing, but I'd like suspending games to come to pc. Playing the Mega Drive again recently made me realise how much I rely on it, and bar old consoles the only thing that doesn't have it is pc. 

I'd also like Game Pass to come to Steam Deck, even if it's through a bit of a hack, just nothing too fiddly. You can stream games using it, but it'd be nice to have a proper way to play 

Killer 8 or Vagrant Story 2 or the remaster for MediEvil 2.

The usual suspects. I'll be curious as always to see what comes of the new Nintendo console. No real upcoming hopes or expectations for Playstation though.

Oh yeah, the new Nintendo console 😅

I hope its interesting and relatively cheap, but mostly I hope it plays old Switch games and runs them better. I've barely played my Switch this year because it's too unreliable as to how a game is going to run, never mind that it will be fugly 

If the new nintendo has good backwards compatibility I'll be really happy. I really liked Bayonetta 3 but it started to grate with the performance stuff, and I still have things I want to explore in that game.

If it doesn't have OLED tho then I dunno. I saw my brother's steam deck oled the other day, fucking hell now that is a screen. Puts the switch oled to shame as well, goddamn

Few things I want...

1. Gears news... fucking hell, it's four years since Gears 5 released, come on Microsoft put a guy out of his misery.

2. For Sony to share what they have coming up short of Wolverine and FF Rebirth... which kind've leads on to giving us a locked date for Stella Blade and it actually being good.