passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Post your latest gaming purchases II

mfnick

On 22/02/2021 at 10:21, DisturbedSwan said:

I assume it includes the Season Pass or something, just had a look on the App and couldn't find it though.

Yeah, just had a look and that version seems to have disappeared?

Anyway, so from my understanding. Tekken 7 base game is £3.99. With four season passes, ranging from £12 to £25? This is the popular model for Fighting Games these days, eh?

It's too late now but IMO Dark Souls is the best place to start cause it's actually interesting to explore even when you're getting your ass kicked. I think that helped for me getting into the series cause it's not just about difficulty.

I never enjoyed Demon's Souls cause it's like a Mega Man game compared with DS1's Metroid, just not as cool a place to be in.

Honestly the only thing you need for Souls games is patience and lots of it really, as long as you're patient enough and don't take it personally when you die, you should be fine. Dying is a way of learning, it means you did something wrong on your previous attempt and need to correct it the next time, learn from your mistakes and you'll be fine.

If you feel like quitting at any point I'd recommend not to and just try, try, try again and you eventually will get there, when you do get there you'll feel like you just got to the summit of Everest for the first time.

Other tips see DeS thread, but yeah pick Royalty class and you should be ok as long as you keep your cool.

This is a bit OT but the thing with patience is you could not have a lot of it left to spare by the time you sit down in the evening with a game like Souls. Which is often why I don't play Souls games as they release cause I can't think of a single time where the Souls zeitgeist has aligned with my own appetite to be punished by a game. On reflection I actually think I get most into games like them when I'm depressed or unemployed but that's just my personality.

I think what games like this really need to rely on is some auxillary scope in the form of lore and world building or exploration to make the process always enjoyable. If you're just getting your ass kicked and there's nothing to do but continue to get slapped around then it can feel very wasteful. I didn't love the game but Hades has the cool thing where there's multiple narrative threads unfurling every time you get merced. Which is a cool acknowledgement of how demotivating death can be in games like this.

In DS1 for me it was all about the metroidvania structure that made getting good worthwhile. Some of the other games are a bit weaker in that regard and I generally just drop them out of boredom. Just cba with the investment, it's got to be 2-way

I still have the original On Tour, didn't even know there was a sequel*. Probably one of the last really weird products to come out of Activision. Felt like one of those old-school gimmicks Nintendo and SEGA had done quite a lot over the years (GB Camera, Samba maracas etc.). It also played surprisingly well but your hand is going to hate you after a while.

*There were two sequels, what the hell!?