passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

17 hours ago, radiofloyd said:

Beat ‘em ups with a perspective like this are pretty rare right?

There's been a couple of Naruto games like these, Jump Force, Pokkén, Override 1 & 2 and the director of DB Fighterz is working on one at the moment as well (Varvarion). Not as many as during the PS360 era but still a few.

I don't like them too much but some of the animations from that claw girl in Demon Slayer are really good.

BTW, Ninja Gaiden trilogy on Pea Sea

You need to be a big boy or girl to watch this video it's age restricted. So if you're a smol boy or girl don't click it.

It's the sigma versions. I'm not super sensitive to what's 'wrong' with Sigma other than the Rachel missions in 1 being pretty bad and a waste of time. But this is as good as we could ever hope for I suppose.

Some people say Sigma 2 is better than the original due to less on screen spam or something, never played 2 so dunno.

On 03/02/2021 at 20:59, shinymcshine said:

Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace (fka Mansions of Madness the videogame), gameplay video. Was down as a Q1 21 release for PC, PS4, Xbox One and NS, $19.99 €19.99 - but we'll wait and see:

Now on pre-order on Steam, for release 23/03/21, with 20% off (£12.79)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/840210/Arkham_Horror_Mothers_Embrace/

Also pre-order for 20% off (£14.39) on Switch

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Arkham-Horror-Mother-s-Embrace-1928630.html

@OCH I know you’re not into modern games really but surely you’ve heard of Games as a Service? Usually, online focused, has you doing the same boring repetitive shit over and over for the chance of getting slightly better “stuff” and designed to rob you of your money.

Been a thing for publishers over last gen due to the fact when they’re successful they earn  the company unlimited money. Even though the most fail, the risk is worth it. 

Nope, never heard of the term. To be fair, the last time I had a finger on the pulse of what was going on with a Gen was PS3.

As a timeline, I bought Evil Within (2014) just before my PS3 died. My most recent game since was Demon's Souls Remake (2020) on PS5. Aside from the Switch, which has been offline the entire time I've had it.  So that is roughly six years of things going on that I've been unaware of.

40 minutes ago, Nag said:

So you can honestly say you've never seen the term bandied around on here or games TM?... I find that difficult to believe.

Nope. Saying that, I don't really read every post on every thread. I typically skim through until I find something I have interest in reading. 

...I also have the memory of a sieve. I can't remember details of last week unless prompted with a photo etc. The GTM days are long gone from my brain box.

Basically those service games are just classic multiplayer games designed around the short attention span of today's world. 15 years ago people played the same map with the same weapons and the same character outfits for thousands of hours, today publishers drip feed new content on a regular basis to keep the game "fresh" and the playerbase hooked even if the underlying game has long overstayed its welcome. I think fear of missing out plays into that as well, I remember booting up Overwatch during timed events just to unlock new skins until at some point realising that I simply didn't enjoy the poorly balanced mess it had become anymore.

Not saying every service game is bad by the way. I mean they are just multiplayer games and there are some good ones certainly. I never played it but I think Monster Hunter World is considered excellent for example. But that also has evolved from a very old-school, grindy handheld game for Japanese players so who knows...

Anyway, before I read the OCH stuff I actually wanted to post that I'm a bit worried that Dragon Age was being developed with multiplayer in mind up to this point. I mean it's good they're abandoning it but you have to wonder how much they have the rework the game now.

17 minutes ago, Nag said:

You don't remember you've used that gif 17 times before either.?

Meh, I use a lot of gifs. I also repeat myself a lot... Apparently. 

I do remember we all spoke about Dragon Age a little while ago. That the series had been dormant for a good few years. I only recall playing the first one though.

The first we've seen of the Alien property since Disney's acquisition of Fox.?

Also I wonder if this stuff even "lands" with the Fortnite target audience, just like Street Fighter last week. I feel the fanbase of these franchises is at least three times as old as the average Fortnite player.