passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Random News II

Bob

Promo shots like this always look crap... it looks like something you could pay a fiver for and run around in an abandoned warehouse that's billed as an authentic Resident Evil experience... I'll still watch it though.🤣

Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk next gen upgrades probably not coming out this year

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-09-01-cd-projekt-cant-say-with-full-certainty-its-next-gen-cyberpunk-and-witcher-3-updates-will-arrive-this-year

The CP2077 one being more or less bringing the console experience in line with PC, while the Witcher stuff is completely new as upgrades go. That's the one I really want to see, to see if that game can still look good with more modern lighting

Was some talk on this in the sony thread before, but Toshiba are indicating that the microchip supply crisis will continue for another year

https://kotaku.com/global-chip-shortage-will-continue-for-another-year-1847611936

According to Bloomberg, high demand and material shortages are making it hard for Toshiba to fulfill its orders. “The supply of chips will remain very tight until at least September next year,” said Takeshi Kamebuchi, one of Toshiba’s directors in charge of semiconductors. “In some cases, we may find some customers not being fully served until 2023.”

Only a handful of companies are able to make these chips, explains The Wall Street Journal. The foundries are astronomically expensive to set up and orders need to be placed far in advance. An increase in Covid-19 cases, natural disasters like droughts, or an increase in political tensions, such as between the US and China, can all impact the global chip supply chain.

[...]

“We consider which customer faces the most severe situation, such as the risk of the whole production line halting or the business getting obliterated without the supply of chips,” said Toshiba’s Kamebuchi. “Game console-makers are among the customers making the strongest demands, and I’m sincerely sorry for their frustration as none of them have a 100% satisfaction.”

So that's why I just went and grabbed that PS5 as soon as I managed to see the 'buy' button for once.

Probably the cross gen period will extend a bit but it was trending that way anyway (which is why it sucks for people that Sony apparently aren't interested in offering upgrade paths for Horizon)

I'd like to play this again and this seems the best way to do it... I actually started to play via back compat on Xbox a while back but there was just too much going on with new games at the time.

Well the Control AWE DLC sets up a teaser for the next game in that connected universe, so seems to me we could be getting close to hearing what that next game is.

Spoiler

I don't think Alan Wake is supposed to be the main character in the next one, or Jesse for that matter. But I forget now 🤔

People seem to have found out about a lot of upcoming games through GeForce Now: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/pncvo0/unlocking_geforce_now_reveals_god_of_war_2018_for/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

As usual take this with a grain of salt but it looks underwhelming enough to be real IMO. There's only two or three that seem genuinely surprising and intriguing to me with the rest being welcome, but expected sequels to popular series.