passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Watch Dogs Legion

Hendo

• 8 months later...
34 minutes ago, bellow said:

It's nice that people are still making games for the PS3.

I hate to show love for the other side but DAMN this is a good comment. Very relaxed, very savage I like it a lot. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Nag said:

the games seem to be getting progressively worse though

I wonder at that tho, Ubi open worlds are such a predictable formula that they could get better each one and get worse reviews just cause of how predictable they are by now.

Apparently in the big exodus following reports of toxic work culture at Ubi this guy Serge Hascoët left who was in charge of a lot of creative decisions for projects, meaning probably that he was the guy who said to just make ACII over and over again. Maybe without that guy as their major decision maker their games will actually take creative chances now but who knows

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-21/ubisoft-sexual-misconduct-scandal-harassment-sexism-and-abuse

Developers say they were compelled to make big compromises to avoid changes from Hascoët that might be detrimental to their project or result in outright cancellation. For example, Hascoët openly expressed disdain for linear storytelling and cut scenes, the interstitial videos that exist between gameplay to advance the narrative. The writers had to find ways to keep his attention, and often that involved installing a strong male lead, the employees say.

By 2019, though, there were signs Hascoët was losing his creative magic. Ubisoft released two big flops: The Division 2, an online game that failed to meet sales expectations despite critical acclaim, and Ghost Recon Breakpoint, a tactical shooter that was widely panned. Ubisoft had developed a reputation, in large part because of Hascoët, for releasing games with similar tropes: large, open-world environments giving the player a list of tasks to accomplish and checkpoints to clear. By the end of last year, Ubisoft’s stock declined more than 40% from its high a year earlier.

As a result of these failures, the company overhauled the editorial department, elevating seven vice presidents reporting to Hascoët. The goal was to distribute Hascoët’s power and diversify the games, employees say. All seven vice presidents were men. Béland and François were among those promoted, despite a history of misconduct complaints.

I've never played W_D, dunno if that will change but they are giving this one away free a lot with PC parts.

2 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

make ACII over and over again.

Ubi's games have changed significantly over the years. There's still a certain DNA running through them that can be traced back to the AC2 but something like AC: Origins tore a lot of that formula up, likewise with WD2. This does change things up significantly in the 'nemesis'-like system they've employed, even if the open world itself feels a little lazy.

The difference on the cars is huge. I guess the new Forza and GT will be mind-blowing when they come out.

Water reflections look a lot better as expected, but we've seen those before.

Can't really see any other differences, at least not as noticeable as these two. But if I'd play this game I'd probably go for Raytracing over performance.