passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

Top left is Silent Hill 2

I initially went with Amnesia out of these 4, but on reflection the one I'd kill is Dead Space.

Reason is Amnesia is partly responsible for the resurgence of horror in 2010s even if the game itself isn't all that. Cant knock that

Obviously RE4 and SH2 must be protected at all costs. 

This 'Valheim' thing is blowing up, the next big zoomer hit. 

I tried it and felt sick cause the weird PS1 textures look pretty bad in motion but I've heard people who don't like crafting survival games really like this. Danny O'Dwyer on Giantbombcast seemed pretty into it.

I guess co-op is kind of what you need to get into it.

I've been having shitty luck with JRPGs lately.  Fucked up a Dragon Quest run, kinda fell off Yakuza 0 when it introduced the property development stuff and I got Final Fantasy XII off gamepass only for it to eventually crash every time I played it.  I looked up if it's a common problem but I couldn't find anything but a few people with problems with the PC one that doesn't sound like the same as mine.  Sucks man.

4 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

This 'Valheim' thing is blowing up, the next big zoomer hit. 

I tried it and felt sick cause the weird PS1 textures look pretty bad in motion but I've heard people who don't like crafting survival games really like this. Danny O'Dwyer on Giantbombcast seemed pretty into it.

I guess co-op is kind of what you need to get into it.

I broke habit of a lifetime on EA stuff and bought this. Got it installed but not tried it yet. I'll throw a thread up when I do, unless someone beats me to it.

Don't forget Fall Guys and Phasmophobia.

I should get my £15's worth out of Valheim. I wish I could say the same about those games I mentioned above.

Seeing Coffee Stain publishing gave me the confidence in it, they were right on Deep Rock so I think they might be the new publishing house that have their ear to the ground on new stuff.

5 hours ago, HandsomeDead said:

I've been having shitty luck with JRPGs lately.  Fucked up a Dragon Quest run, kinda fell off Yakuza 0 when it introduced the property development stuff and I got Final Fantasy XII off gamepass only for it to eventually crash every time I played it.  I looked up if it's a common problem but I couldn't find anything but a few people with problems with the PC one that doesn't sound like the same as mine.  Sucks man.

does it cloud save (or can you back up your save) maybe redownload it and see if it's just a corrupted file somewhere

3 hours? Pff, I have been downloading Warhammer II for the last few days and it is the same file size as that. That slow internet life is getting to being pretty tough. Also thanks Ubisoft for making it so I can't play AC Valhalla without downloading all the updates.

When I lived in Richmond London I had my own 200mb connection I paid for myself, god it was so fucking fast. 

Apparently there's been rumours about Bloober doing new Silent Hill

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-02-18-bloober-team-adding-action-to-its-psychological-horror-focus

He adds, "In fact, we've been working for more than a year on another gaming project, another horror IP, and we're doing this with a very famous gaming publisher. I can't tell you who. I can't tell you what the project is, but I'm pretty sure when people realize we're working on it, they will be very excited."

Tbh I was already sort of unexcited about more Silent Hill if it wasn't going to be the Kojima take cause that was so insanely exciting at the time. If Bloober are doing SH... ?

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Apparently there's been rumours about Bloober doing new Silent Hill

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-02-18-bloober-team-adding-action-to-its-psychological-horror-focus

Tbh I was already sort of unexcited about more Silent Hill if it wasn't going to be the Kojima take cause that was so insanely exciting at the time. If Bloober are doing SH... ?

It’s not Bloober, recent rumours in the thread.

It’ll be Japan Studio and/or Kojima Productions.

2 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Tbh applying occams razor to it it feels more likely to me to be what bloober are talking about with their 'famous publisher' comment, also that the SH music dude worked on The Medium.

Well I'd like to be wrong. Might also mean SH xbox exclusive ?

Considering the quality of Bloober’s other games I’d be very disappointed and surprised if they got the green light by Konami for anything other than an Episodic or Dark Pictures Anthology-like game. Yamaoka has worked on a lot of other titles over the years, doesn’t mean Bloober will get SH and I’d bet my house on it not being an Xbox exclusive, but would bet on a PS5 exclusive. 

It is possible there’s two games from the rumours out there, but I’d put a lot of money on one of them being the Yamaoka, Toroyama, Ito project that has been rumoured and probably a little less on the other being a Silent Hills reboot by Kojima. 

More info and thoughts in the SH rumour thread. All the smoke is pointing to the Japan Studio/Kojima Productions PS5 SH, there is very little pointing to Bloober. 

There might be no SH game in the end, but yeah, if I was a betting man I’d say the odds on Bloober getting anything other than a small SH spinoff side project are slim to none.