passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gaming Shout Thread

Sly Reflex

I tried playing Mario 3 on Switch in handheld mode and man that hurt my wrists. By the time I got to world 3 I had to put it down. That game is difficult enough already, throwing pain on top of tiny buttons makes it impossible. The saving grace being it has rewind features. That did help when I missed really easy jumps. Because the buttons sucks. And the pain. Not to do with the player at all no way. 

Seriously, though, the worst way to play this game

I did notice when I started playing things like Hollow Knight and Super Meat Boy with the controller instead of the Handheld Mode, the controls felt a lot more intuitive. Other than the convenience factor, even when I do play Switch, it doesn't come out of the dock anymore.

Joycon controls are fucking shite. Only game I use them on is Mario Party, all they’re good for. The fact you can’t alter the controls for Mario 3 makes it unplayable for me too. Run and jump are the wrong way round, I did one world then fucked it off because of that. I’ve got years upon years of muscle memory which I can’t stop and shouldn’t have to just because Nintendo are arseholes and don’t provide options for their players. Their way or fuck off as usual so I just fuck off. 

Yeah, Mario 3 is all wrong. Mario World is actually more or less the same I think, but the joy cons and it’s buttons are just bad so it still doesn’t feel right, even if the layout is fine 

As I have nothing to spend money on, other than food and bills right now, I keep looking out for an interesting deal for the PS4. Growing up, I remember consoles used to have really interesting games bundles with them. Now it is one pre-selected game (unless you customise your own "deal"). It is either a Call of Duty, a Football game or Nioh 2. I have no interest in the first two options and although I know nothing of Nioh, I wouldn't buy a new potential console with an unknown sequel being my first experience on it.

However, ShopTo has a far larger banner ad now. For expressing "interest" in the PS5. So, I might begin and end this gen with the Switch and jump on to the next one right away instead? We'll see how much it is and the launch titles available first.?

When it comes to hobbies, an issue I have is that I overextend. I used to read five books, play multiple games and watch at least two series at once. Whenever something new took my fancy, I added that to the pile. The problem is in recent times, I then go for long periods of Not indulging in hobbies. Trying to get back into multiple midway points after 6 months to a year, isn't as easy as I used to find it.

So, in light of Quarantine, I decided to draw a line in the sand and focus on one thing at a time. 

Starting from the very beginning, Dark Souls won the coin toss.

Only played a couple of hours yesterday, but I think this is the shorter of my current options to complete. Hopefully in a week, tops.

I bought the beat the average tier of the 2K bundle on humble to get The Golf Club 2019, it was £9 at the time. It's really nice to have a chill golf game to relax & listen to podcasts to

It's been I while since I played a non arcade-y golf game. They really seem to have fallen off since the Tiger Woods games went off the boil.

• 2 weeks later...

FFFFFFUUCCKKKK!!! 
Internet has gone down this evening and I didn’t realise I’d not changed my primary Xbox from the OG to my X. Now I can’t play any of my game pass or downloaded games! Anyone know of any kind of work around? I’ve tried using my phone as a hotspot but it’s not having it. been trying to sort it for about a hour no with no luck :(

Edit - Timing! Internet back and changed now for future. Panic over. 

See the above post is why it's good we never had to have that phone in DRM thing that Xbox were planning. I had the same issues as you I think, I assume you're on virgin. Completely fucked up for the day

Thing is I think we already have online DRM for the windows store, I remember running into it before. Also Denuvo can cause issues.

This article is interesting https://gizmodo.com/you-should-probably-skip-buying-a-new-xbox-or-playstati-1843200826

Phil Spencer basically says that yeah it is likely there will be lots of game delays on account of COVID. 

1 hour ago, Rikzilla said:

I thought you'd circled that patch on the floor and was trying to figure out why.

Then I realised it was a red cable ?

? yeah, it's the cable for my headphones. It's  too damn long and never not in the way.

IMG_20200506_112833.jpg

Loved that game! I vaguely recall it came paired with another one, much like Mario Bros & Duck Hunt. Although I can't recall what the other one was and google searches aren't telling me anything either.

On 06/05/2020 at 09:22, Craymen Edge said:

Had a spring clean of some of the storage boxes in my spare room, and I think I found a bank holiday project.

Spoiler

20200505_172930(1).jpg

20200505_172952(1).jpg

20200506_150714.jpg

20200506_150845.jpg

Outrun 2006  Coast 2 Coast Screenshot 2020.05.06 - 15.24.53.64.png

I had to find a no-cd patch to run it without the disk, but after that it runs like a dream.

Is Coast 2 Coast the one they released on OG Xbox too which had all the challenges in? Drift zones, collect coins that type of stuff? Such a fantastic game if it is that version. The challenges added so much replayability. I was gutted when the HD 360 version lost all that.