passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Last of Us Part II

DisturbedSwan

After initial reaction of WTF does this really need to exist already - there is this, which actually seems pretty reasonable:

"And good news for existing owners of The Last of Us Part II on PlayStation 4! You will be able to upgrade to a digital version of The Last of Us Part II Remastered for $10 USD at launch. You’ll also be able to import your saves from the original game to Part II Remastered."

When we made those favourite game lists I realised for the first time that Xenoblade Chronicles and TLoUP2 have really similar stories and arcs.  Just one with a lot more whimsy and deciding at the end this is all God's fault, let's kill 'em.

So while I don't think it's unique, especially considering outside of games I wouldn't say it's got nothing to say.  It was just good to play a game with some well thought out motivations for it's characters and explores them thoroughly in a way that didn't feel overdone.  It fills it's runtime well, to me.

But again it's just made to help promote the eventual TV show.  I'm not looking forward to accidently going through that discourse again 😩 

Actually, I misread the date.  It's strange they aren't holding it to coincide with the show, which must be a little ways off.  Really confused by this then.

Bunch of big babies. This was fantastic and the violence definitely helped the brutal moments stand out more. It’s an all timer. 

Saying that I’ve got no interest in buying it again for a console it already runs damn well on. But good for PC peeps 👍

£10 to upgrade for existing owners is decent. 

I’ve thought about playing this again a few times, it’s a game that is often repeating in my mind.

This will give me the perfect incentive, hopefully there’s a new Plat too. God knows when I’ll get a chance to play it though as it’s being dropped into a bad window for me.