passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

I was pretty impressed by it, but maybe that's because I expected streaming games to be a complete disaster. There's of course a noticeable lag when moving the camera, which in fact feels a bit like playing on a TV where Game Mode is deactivated but for a game like this it's actually still functional. I wouldn't want to play fast shooters or even a fighting game this way, but I expected something way worse.

I tried it in performance mode which looked about the same as it did on my Xbox but runs a lot smoother. There's a ouple of artifacts here and there but nothing that ruins the experience.

At 40€ for what is basically just usage rights for the license this will absolutely never be an alternative for me but just looking at the technical side of things I think it's a surprisingly good effort. 

There's no porting process to speak off and for those 40€ per game you can probably pay the fee to keep the server running for two or three months. Not a particularly risky proposition short-term, at least. Will be interesting to see how quickly these things get turned off on their side as soon as the Switch isn't Nintendo's current machine anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not mind blowing, but with both Spelunkys and Among Us coming to the system there's two modern classics to play on the go (well, technically, in the case of AU).

I think Grindstone got a lot of praise from EDGE a while ago so I will check that one out. The rest wasn't my cup of tea.

This is probably going to age like milk, but I imagine Among Us will just be a flash in the pan thing. It is good for the developers of it, as I think it had been out for about a year before it just exploded (because of a Twitch streamer IIRC?) but I can't imagine people will be talking about it in 3-6 months time. 

7 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

This is probably going to age like milk, but I imagine Among Us will just be a flash in the pan thing. It is good for the developers of it, as I think it had been out for about a year before it just exploded (because of a Twitch streamer IIRC?) but I can't imagine people will be talking about it in 3-6 months time. 

I think this depends on the rewrite of it, which will be Among Us 2. I think it could become a staple, albeit not as large as it currently is. Depends on where it gets released as well.

The mad thing is I just went and had a look at games talked about on MFG 6 months ago and nearly all of them are years and years old. I think only The Messenger is new. Maybe a sign of the times what with the plague locking us in and people going back to play old favourites or missed games at the tail end of the generation. I don't know.

I dunno if something like Among Us will just go away as it is really just a digitised version of Mafia-like board games.  I'm sure the "big trend" will go away, it always does when the next one comes along.  But I'd be surprised to see them go away completely and not get iterated on by different developers.