passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo Switch

HandsomeDead

Nintendo's greatest success rate has always been in the handheld market. Now they have a viable way to push their console systems in that direction, and sales of the Switch suggest people are receptive to it, I think they will stick with this tech now too.

I always play my switch handheld so don’t feel

the need currently for more power, although I do find non Nintendo games do struggle. Fifa being one, if they released a pro maybe through the dock as the current one does bugger all I would get one but whatever the next console is I would get it. From memory the current dock it’s just a connection dock for cables etc and does very little else.

Im interested in the next original switch, doubles  battery life, anyone know what to look for at retail for these?

49 minutes ago, Manicm said:

I'm interested in the next original switch, doubles  battery life, anyone know what to look for at retail for these?

Different packaging:  

package_gray.jpg

To make sure you can also check the model number (needs to end with a number in brackets, for example HAC-001 (01)). Should be on the right side of the box.

Turns out the games came out on everything. I’m tempted to buy 1 or 2 as a curiosity. I’ve played them sporadically before with all the cheats on but not really in-depth enough to have nostalgia for them so I don’t know if I would actually like them 

The first DOOM is still a great game. The controls have dated by modern standards obviously but the game never asks you to do anything the controls can't handle. Kind of like Resi 4 and I would say it has a similar timeless quality because of it. DOOM 2 I think is too hard and I'm a baby but it does have some really cool levels. 

It says Bethesda.net account required in the game listing but also says it can be played in handheld mode so who knows? Certainly not worth paying 4 quid for the privilege of finding out. 

Apparently it's just a one-time log-in you have to do when you boot it up the first time. Probably just some kind of verification process and after that you can play in handheld mode and offline.

But it still shouldn't be a thing.

Log in issues aside I think I’ll wait until these games appear in an Xbox sale. Not to bring it up again but the Ezio collection on Xbox is £7 right now. For the Doom trilogy I think it’s £15. Fair enough one of these is a sale price so maybe not apples to apples, but also one of these sets is 25+ years old 

12 minutes ago, Nag said:

I'd seriously love to know statistics on the amount of consoles out there that don't have access to a internet connection.

Not the point

Sometimes drm authorization servers go down. Sometimes they don't come back. Already mentioned MGR on mac as an existing example of this, as well as cases where I've not being able to sign in to play stuff I've downloaded on PC (Inside, also Gears 4)

9 minutes ago, Maf said:

Log in issues aside I think I’ll wait until these games appear in an Xbox sale. Not to bring it up again but the Ezio collection on Xbox is £7 right now. For the Doom trilogy I think it’s £15. Fair enough one of these is a sale price so maybe not apples to apples, but also one of these sets is 25+ years old 

Reports on Twitter that the XBLA versions have disappeared and cannot be re-installed.

This is yet another reason digital/streaming is such a bad idea...