passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

I've seen it too, and yeah, it's a pretty standard superhero film, which given what's happened to Black Widow in the past is pretty tame. But, I've quite liked the more traditional films generally. I do think they maybe should have leaned in to it being more of a Bourne film personally

Remind me though @DisturbedSwanthe post credit scene

Spoiler

When did she die? Has it not happened yet in the films or have I forgot about it? 

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

Remind me though @DisturbedSwanthe post credit scene

Hide contents

When did she die? Has it not happened yet in the films or have I forgot about it? 

Pretty much @OCH.

@DANGERMAN

Spoiler

She died in Endgame when she had to sacrifice herself so Hawkeye could get the Soul stone.

Spoiler

They split up into teams in Endgame and they each knew which part the others were playing. So all the living Avengers at the time would have known Hawkeye and Black Widow were together. If we want to be really sad in how much we think about it, no doubt they’d have to fill in a report on what happened to someone too so I bet a few people in SWORD would probably know about it as well. 

I really enjoyed Black Widow, thought it was one of the best recent films they've done outside of the avengers. Really it should have come out when Antman and the Wasp did, feels a little redundant after Endgame, still, really good though

Loki Episode 6...

9df.gif

No real surprises, since it went exactly where I thought it would. But, it did so very well.

On 09/07/2021 at 14:58, Maf said:

I hope they don't lean to heavy on multiverse stuff.

Spoiler

"Loki will return in Season Two"

Not a spoiler per say, but it is the post credits bit.

Yep really enjoyed it, great series overall. Looking forward to seeing what happens next. 

Had to turn subtitles on for 

Spoiler

He Who Remains

though. Hope they increase his volume going forward or that’s going to get annoying. 

Yeah, it's one thing presuming everyone knows about somehting five or ten years after the initial release but I find with these drip-fed week-to-week shows people just straight up start throwing spoilers around the web the moment the episode has been available for streaming. With Loki I'm not too bothered but I hated it with the Manadalorian, as I always wait for a season to be complete before watching it.

Amazing last episode of Loki?

Season Finale Spoilers

Spoiler

Really didn't expect the person at the of the timeline, beyond the Void to be fucking Kang the Conqueror! As soon as the lift doors opened and I recognised Jonathan Majors (who has been rumoured to be playing him for a few months now) in that Purple Cowl I was like HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY'RE ACTUALLY DOING IT!

After the Mephisto rumours and references in WandaVision it was nice to actually get the new Big Bad introduced, I was so pleased it wasn't another fake out, I was expecting a different variant of Loki to be behind the TVA. I honestly thought they wouldn't have the balls to introduce him this soon but I'm so glad they did!

Sets up all their upcoming projects so nicely as well, Spidey 3 in particular and of course Dr. Strange 2. 

I don't think Loki needed another season as it has served its purpose and set up Phase 4 perfectly, but I'm glad it has been renewed, I assume he'll act as a kind of guide of sorts to all the new Multiverse shenanigans. 

I think some TV shows work better as week-to-week type deals, particularly the Marvel ones so far. After every Ep feels like a Water Cooler moment where you've something to talk about. Spoilers are an issue though, I watch week-to-week and have almost had a few things spoilt for me, just the way of the internet these days. As soon as content creators have seen/heard/watched/played something they want to shout about it as loud as they can on their particular YT channel, twitter account etc. 

I honestly couldn't imagine waiting until every episode is out, guaranteed to have something spoilt and it's just not worth it for me. 

I mean not being bound by the channel's schedule is supposed to be one of the big advantages of streaming services compared to cable. I'd like to watch a show at my own rhythm and I also prefer watching episodes relatively close to another to stay focused on that specific story and setting. Plus it's not like there's any other reason for Disney to handling it this way other than for free PR and to hide the fact that there's really not much new stuff on D+ at the moment.

Anyway, now that I got reminded that Loki is over, I can check it out over the weekend.

They make it week by week because they realised dropping a whole series at once doesn't maintain engagement on social media as much.  You get a longer tail of people talking about it and spread word of mouth but I just find it frustrating.  Its just artificial.  

I've not watched a show like this since DVD box sets were a thing over 10 years ago and Disney+ using this arbitrary method, purely for maximising engagement, is a pain in the arse.  I'm pretty good at avoiding stuff but having to be mindful every time a D+ show is on that I'd like to watch.

Oh god, and sites that review episodes.  Episodes!  It's part of a whole what is the point?  It just adds to this nonsense.

I get it if it's a show that is produced by a TV station and it's there it first features.  I don't like it, but I get it.  But shows produced by a streaming service doing it is just cynical.

So yeah, I'll be able to watch Loki next week.  I can't get D+ til then.

I don't have anything to say about Loki specifically but I do have to say I hate that thing where a show is in the zeitgeist and being scrutinized across everywhere for a few weeks. For me there's something so clinical about the whole thing, I can't describe it exactly but it feels very forced and driven. It killed the later seasons of Breaking Bad for me, where every episode was surgically analysed like it was a riddle.

Even just reading through Berserk is nice cause it's an old ass thing that people don't speak on as much, and you explore it at your own pace.

So while it's not my thing I'll wait and see if Loki is something that people still have something to say about in a few months time cause I do like Tom Hiddleston, so I could probably enjoy it on some level and I've got some context for setup from the films.

For me, its the opposite, all episodes dropping on Day 1 feels artificial because TV episodes have always typically been weekly, only since Netflix came along recently have some series tended to drop on day 1. 

I think the other thing with the weekly releases is it gives the folks behind the scenes more time to polish up the later episodes, if you hit Day 1 all Ep's have got to be ready for that date.

But yeah, obviously you do you etc. That's just my take on things. Weekly episodes give me more to look forward to over a longer period of time, Day 1 shows I binge and are over too quick. If I had the patience and wasn't afraid of spoilers I might tend to wait until all Ep's of certain series are out but yeah, it's not worth the risk for me.