passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel Cinematic Universe

Jimboxy

Spoiler

deadpool-volw-scaled.jpg?resize=2048,136

‘Deadpool 3’ – First Look at Hugh Jackman in the Classic Wolverine Costume!

The character’s first official foray into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Deadpool 3 is arriving in theaters on May 3, 2024, and a new sneak peek image has been shared this week.

Hugh Jackman will be back as Wolverine one more time in Deadpool 3, reprising the role he had allegedly played for the final time in Logan back in 2017.

He’s of course starring alongside Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.

Reynolds has taken to social media to share the above first look image this morning, featuring Deadpool and Wolverine side-by-side. It’s a still from the upcoming Deadpool 3, and the most notable thing about the image is that it features Jackman fully suited up in the classic yellow/black Wolverine costume that fans have been dying to see him step inside of.

I don't think much of Secret Invasion. It's just too stupid, the scene with all the leaders summed it up completely. It wants to be a smart spy thriller, but it's beats are still an action film, shallow, completely lacking in any sort of nuance 

I had to look up her name in the credits. Is Emilia Clarke supposed to be a big deal? Because I've only seen her in this (Secret Invasion) and thought she was awful.

Oh I see. I never watched GoT. Then again, I just googled her name and actually have seen her in something else. She was in the dreadful Terminator Genisys. She wasn't great in that either...

Secret Invasion - Episode 4

I don't know at this point if this episode was better or worse than the previous one? Which, considering this is the penultimate episode is a bit damning. I think the problem with this show is that I don't care about the characters within it? Refugees -> Terrorists is also a really weird message to be sending too. The issue being the former was the wrong light to portray the Skrulls in the first place. Aside from Fury, Talos and Sophie. Four episodes in, I don't find anyone else remotely engaging. Which in an espionage story, that is supposed to balance multiple points of view, ain't great. 5/10

2 hours ago, mfnick said:

Guardians 3 

It was good, some strong and emotional scenes but it was at least 1 hour too long. Far too much of it was basically spent doing nothing. 

yeah, I watched it last weekend. I enjoyed it for what it was, but increasingly I don't really care about any of the characters, and the only interesting story being told meant that character was absent the entire film. Probably still the best recent Marvel film though

I think Secret Invasion might just be bad. The amount of 'actually is Dolan' going on in it is so, so irritating. Disney really need to just stop doing Marvel for a while, they've lost whatever they had

I think few of the Marvel TV shows have been excellent. Only WandaVision and Loki really the rest are uneven to middling even if I liked quite a few.

On the film front it doesn't feel like they've been firing on all cylinders since the Pandemic and beginning of Phase 4 really, Spidey: No Way Home aside of course. But I think GotG3 is a return to excellence for their films for me, I absolutely loved it, it's one of my films of the year and in my top 5 MCU films. It did well critically and commercially too.

3 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

Disney really need to just stop doing Marvel for a while

Seems Disney themselves might agree (well not entirely, but agree that they overcooked it)

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/marvel-flops-too-many-disney-tv-shows-bob-iger-1235669262/

---

Personally I wish Square had more success with their Marvel ventures, cause I think that's the only way I can really digest these kinds of stories and have them work for me. The films just lock into this similar kind of formula, but you can do lots more interesting things with their worlds with video games.

GOTG films, drake nope. But GOTG the game.. 👍

It's interesting how Marvel grew thanks to their movies and now collapses because of TV stuff whereas Star Wars has been doing the exact opposite these last years. I've been leeching my father's D+ for a while now and stuff like Mando and especially Andor ist so far ahead of anything Marvel has done it's almost unbelievable that it's being produced under the same umbrella. Shows you how important it is to have the right people for the job. Because I don't really think it's a Marvel property problem – Netflix' Daredevil was a really good show for example but, crucially, unlike anything Disney has done.

Secret Invasion - Episode 5

Note, this is the penultimate episode. Which lends itself into the Marvel show formula IE out of nowhere we have shifted to action. A better title for this episode title would be "Kill count". There is more Sophie, who once again is the episode highlight. More character deaths that would be poignant and matter, if you were made to actually care about them. Now we're hurtling like a rocket into potential world-ending stakes. From a contingency plan that is so convenient it would have made the Joker blush in The Dark Knight. 6/10

I think you're right @DANGERMAN This is just bad.

Ep. 4 Secret Invasion was a minor step up from Ep. 3 purely because of the action sequence towards the end which took it up a notch, but still not great.

Ep. 5 was better than 4, had some cool action sequences and they definitely ramped up the tension, particularly towards the end of the episode.

Looking forward to the finale next week. Safe to say the series hasn't been the best but I definitely wouldn't say it's been 'bad' overall, just meandering from middling up to good and back without going beyond really. It's a serviceable action thriller really.

New Marvels trailer.

Watched guardians 3 the other week and didnt really enjoy it, dont think i was in the mood to watch it really, and there were some good bits, ill give it another try on dvd or something, as i really like 1 and quite like 2.

I think Secret Invasion has been terrible. I will say episode 5 was better as it leant in to action a little more, but it's still profoundly stupid. I do think it would have been better as a film, you can excuse the stupid decisions due to the run time, drawing them out and making them plot points really shines a light on them

8bc74dfb0948943374030a61555409822ff154c4

So X-Men '97 was announced at SDCC this year for release in the nebulously phrased "Fall 2023". Only Six episodes though. Which on the one hand is disappointing in a show that used to have 12-24 per season. But it is the modern format of shows now. One of the questions I've seen batted around is "Will Wolverine actually use his claws on people now?"..

Of course not. It is still a non-adult rated cartoon. The closest to what those fans want happened in the gif above. That's from the Pilot Episode of the 80's X-Men cartoon - Pryde of the X-Men. Arguably better animated than X-Men: TAS (wherein the animation did improve by Season 3). Also sporting the brown & tan. Wolverine's best costume (imo). The killing blow above (think blood instead of electricity) would likely never happen in a serialised cartoon or MCU Movie