passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Nintendo eShop Deals

retroed

• 1 month later...

Super Crush K.O. is on offer at the moment. It might look a bit "cheap" on still images but it's a genuinely fun highscore-brawler with great playability and very charming cutscenes. Imagine a classic side-scrolling beat'em up asking Dante from Devil May Cry for advice on how to defeat enemies and you get a good picture of how it's played. 

• 1 month later...
On 31/03/2020 at 22:24, DANGERMAN said:

word of warning, Phantom Doctrine is nigh on unplayable in handheld, it's way too small. I regret buying it and it wasn't all that expensive when I did

Tried it out this morning, on the TV in docked mode, and the text size is still way too small for comfortable reading (even with my glasses on). Doesn't seem to be any options to enlarge, so I won't be continuing. Yet again it seems to be one of those PC ports where it'd be fine if you were sitting 18 inches away from a monitor, but consideration just hasn't been given to TV viewing distances of the average console player.

I bought it in the sale a while ago for £1.79, and was quite looking forward to it, sadly I won't be playing.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, retroed said:

Ni No Kuni Remastered - Wrath of the White Witch is £7.99 for a week. 84% off!

Sold !

I've been put off JRPGs, predominantly due to the cutscenes vs gameplay vs save point, but on the NS I'm hoping I can just suspend play (sleep mode) when I need to then pick up again later !

• 1 year later...
On 16/12/2021 at 19:56, DANGERMAN said:

didn't Saint Row run really badly? One to buy as a morbid curiosity possibly

As a port, Saints Row IV is a solid one, offering a far smoother transition than the one afforded to the third entry in the series. There’s the occasional bit of pop-in and you can see where some textures and details have been downgraded to free up memory and processing power, but on the whole this is a game that manages to retain most of the semi-cartoonish looks found in other console versions (being set mostly at night probably doesn’t hurt, either). Even in handheld mode, we encountered very few instances of slowdown or technical hiccups. In fact, we experienced more crashes and problems playing the game on Xbox One than this solid Switch port.

• 4 months later...

The Bioware (Beamdog) D&D games are on sale on the NS eShop for £7.99 each (until 150522).

Baldurs Gate / BG2 - Enhanced

Neverwinter Nights

Icewind Dale/Planescape

I've hung off these previously, having played the on PC years ago (KB & Mouse), but was swayed to get the BG pack, as review below says the controls have been optimised for console, and work pretty well.

https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/baldurs_gate_and_baldurs_gate_ii_enhanced_editions