passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

VR Headsets

DisturbedSwan

Ive just been looking at this, and some of the concepts and screenshots for games looks pretty good. Does anybody know any details of where you can try VR stuff, if its launching in October then im guessing in the summer there are going to be some exhibitions.

I'm sort of tempted by this to be honest, need to try it out first and I'm also pretty tired of being an early adopter too so will probably do the smart thing of waiting a year until its both ready and affordable.

Oculus Rift to Launch with 31 games

http://www.pcgamer.com/all-31-oculus-rift-launch-games-our-take-on-a-strong-launch-lineup/

Incredibly impressive line-up, definitely quite a few games in there I want (Eve Valkyrie, Lucky's Tale, Edge of Nowhere, Chronos, The Climb, Adr1ft, Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, Radial G, Damaged Core, Albino Lullaby, Dead Secret, Windlands and Blazerush), must be one of the best launch games line-up in History.

Launch games montage: https://youtube.com/?#/watch?v=pN6YCFlS8nU

What worries me about PS VR is the lack of games, I just haven't seen enough of them and the only ones I have seen that excite me are Rigs and Golem.

Also found this Article from Kotaku UK which lists all the prices of the available Launch and 'Launch Window' Rift games:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/03/16/a-brief-guide-to-every-oculus-rift-launch-game

FuK5iq8h.jpg

Oculus Rift Launch Games

Adrift - Like experiencing the opening scenes of the film Gravity. $19.99
Adventure Time: Magic-Man’s Head Games - Action-platformer that's like living inside Adventure Time for a little while. $4.99
Airmech: Command - Comfortable top-down RTS. $39.99
Albino Lullaby - Horror game with psychedelic colours. $9.99
Audio Arena - Cool motion-controlled rhythm game that plays a bit like Hohokum. $9.99
Project CARS - Extraordinarily detailed racing game. $49.99
Chronos - Third-person action-adventure with a slight Souls flavour. $49.99

Darknet - Good-looking hacking game. $9.99
Dead Secret - Creepy murder mystery. $14.99
Defense Grid 2 - VR tower defence. $29.99
Dreadhalls - EXTREMELY scary horror game. $9.99
Elite Dangerous - The gold standard in authentic-feeling space games. $59.99
Esper 2 - Really cool telekineses puzzle adventure. $9.99
Eve Valkyrie - Space dogfighting from the EVE Online people. Bundled with pre-orders, or $59.99

Fly to KUMA - Lemmings, but with adorable bears wearing jackets. $14.99
EVE Gunjack - be the gunner on a spacecraft. $9.99
Herobound SC - Simple VR RPG with dungeon-crawling and combat. $9.99
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - frantically try to defuse a bomb despite unhelpful instructions. $14.99
Lucky’s Tale - Adorable third-person platformer starring a fox. Bundled
Omega Agent - Really fun secret-agent simulator with jetpacks. $14.99
Radial G - Basically Wipeout in VR, and as good as that sounds. $24.99

Rooms - Cool-looking atmospheric puzzle game. $14.99
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe VR - Basically air hockey. $9.99
Smashing the Battle - Arena combat. $19.99
Vanishing of Ethan Carter - Spooky first-person adventure, now in VR. No price yet.
Vektron Revenge - VR's Geometry Wars. $9.99
VR Tennis Online - Cartoony Virtua Tennis-style fun in third-person. $24.99
Pinball FX2 - Pretty self-explanatory. $14.99
BlazeRush - Pretty top-down arcade racer. No price yet.
Windlands - Basically a Tarzan simulator with floating islands. $19.99

All of these will be out on March 28th, same time as the Oculus Rift headset itself.

Launch Window Oculus Rift Games

These will all be out sometime in the Oculus Rift's "launch window" - so, probably before the end of the summer. No price details on these yet, but we'll add them in with definite release dates when we get them.

Dead & Buried - Sharpshooting from behind cover; requires a lot of movement.

Fantastic Contraption - Colourful physics adventure.
The Climb - Breathtaking climbing experience. $49.99
I Expect You to Die - Spy-themed puzzle game.
Job Simulator - Fun, silly minigame collection.
Rock Band VR - Rock Band, but in first-person.
VR Sports - Hockey, baseball, American football, baseball.

Damaged Core - You are a virus taking control of various armed robots.
Dragon Front - Lane-based fantasy card-game. Free to play.
Eagle Flight - Competitive or explorative flying in an abandoned city.
Edge of Nowhere - Horror-tinged survival adventure.

I actually received a free Samsung Gear VR with my new phone on Tuesday so have been having a bit of a play around, and though it's more on the cheap and cheerful side, i've been pretty blown away by it to be honest.

The sense of scale you get from stuff is amazing - there was a cool national geographic sampler, where your in a woodland glade with not much going on - i turned around and there was a fucking great bear about three foot from my face.

Also downloaded a Squarepusher music video which was great, and tried a cool short vr film called Sonar, which put you in the cockpit of a drone exploring an asteroid.

It's really got me quite excited about this whole vr thingy!

Ahh ok, couldn't find any info about this for a while I must say.

Did a bit of digging, and as far as I can tell you can play the game on your Rift if you own the game on Steam, but the game will also be available on the Oculus Store on March 28th.

More

@projectcarsgame @oculus Will the base game have this supported or do we have to buy the game one more time from Oculu store?

0 retweets0 likes
Retweet
More
User Actions
Follow
sPuL1VE1_bigger.pngProject CARS@projectcarsgame

@elthraipl The version on Steam supports Oculus as well.

https://twitter.com/elthraipl/status/710806282056441857

https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/710810422321029121

https://twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/710767129474310145?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I caught bits of their stream yesterday.

Defense Grid 2 in VR is like some crazy table top game.

Also they were messing with Brad as he was on the green screen with the set on. They shrunk him down and had him sitting on Drew's knee while they poked him and stroked him, completely oblivious.

Watching some of the Giantbomb's coverage of the Vive.

Their launch line up looks a lot better than the OR's. The Lab stuff Valve made looks real good. Job Simulator looks a laugh too. But they just seem to be the sort of thing you would play for a day or 2 and not touch again. 689 pound sterling is a lot for something like that. But it's does look fun.

• 2 months later...

AMD have just revealed a 'VR Backpack'. Basically, a pc, capable of running VR, all contained in a backpack, with battery (I think). So, theoretically, you could play VR in the middle of a sports hall, outside, or more likely, in your room without cables to get in the way

No idea on the price, cool idea, no one is going to buy it

• 1 year later...