passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Star Wars

Jimboxy

Watched it tonight. I’d probably give it a 5/10, it never really rises above that for me. 

Spoiler

Needs more Yoda.

Spoiler

There is one image that I loved. The image of Rey holding her lightsaber when she faces Palpatine. 

Spoiler

The kiss was ridiculous. Everyone in the cinema I was watching it in burst out laughing.

Spoiler

Needs more Yoda.

Saw this earlier.

Spoiler

I think as a standalone movie I would have liked it but the way it treats everything that came before makes it seem like a big mistake. Episode VI got hit the hardest by this. Pretty much every accomplishment from Luke, Han, Leia and Vader from the original trilogy got trampled and burned by this film. Vader pretty much sacrificed himself for nothing meaning Luke's efforts to push him away from the Dark Side didn't even matter the slightest.

Bringing Palpatine back was an even bigger mistake than killing off Snoke and building Rey's ancestry on the foundation of (I think) one single sentence muttered in one of the prequels movies – which is where they canonically confirmed Palpatine having a family – is as far-fetched as it can get.

I'm also not a fan of the super-duper power-up force moves. Giga force Lightning makes Force Unleashed look tame in comparison and the Emperor getting bested by Mary "Rey" Sue after sucking both her and Ben's lifeforce was such a disappointing conclusion.

Personally I think this entire Disney-Trilogy was a mistake. Force Awakens was a great opener with a lot of potential but they kind of ruined it with the sequels IMO.

Jedi Fallen Order was a better Star Wars story.

Force Awakens was good, though it was pretty much Episode 4 recycled.

Last Jedi was ok, though it had plenty of flaws.

Skywalker was just....meh. It looked great. But the story is a mess.

Ive seen the original trilogy many, many times over the years. I won’t be rewatching any of these in the near future, if at all.

I rewatched TFA and TLJ with the missus earlier this year and they both stood up really well, absolutely loved them both (in very different ways). Even though I’m lukewarm on it I will rewatch TRoS just because there’s so much to take in and undoubtedly there’s something I missed in there. I’ve rewatched the Prequel Trilogy and Original Trilogy many many times and will probably rewatch this trilogy many times over future years. 

You’ve seen it @Maryokutai? Thought I remember you saying you were on a Disney boycott ?.

Do you own Disney shares or something? Seems to bother you quite a lot. I'm not going into it again, I learned my lesson the first time. If you're that interested just look up older posts on why I still went to see Endgame and Star Wars and will avoid them after that. Spoiler alert: it's not that intriguing.

There’s an absolute ton of plot holes. And some of them are just massive, with little to no explanation at all. Plenty of which completely ignore the canon. Angry Joe did a video that covers 40 plot holes. And he isn’t wrong.

It’s a decent enough movie. We’re not talking prequel trilogy levels of crap-ness. But it’s not great.

Finally watched it yesterday with a mate.

Difficult to tell whether it was the lower expectations, but I enjoyed it much more than TLJ. The humour landed and there were no Mary Poppins in Space moments that just made me angry.

It did very much feel like there’s a film in between that is missing. The reveal of a certain character returning would’ve been better as the final twist last scene in TLJ. But it just shows how poorly planned out (or, supposedly, not at all) this trilogy has been.

I hope that they have now finally put the Skywalker saga to bed, but, y’know - Disney and Lucasfilm and all that.

The Pitch Meeting for this is good, spoilers obviously:

I went to see this with my Dad, but we left after 40 minutes cause I couldn't stick the seats in my cinema. But also neither of us were enjoying the film. As it opens it was just a load of oddly paced scenes and lots of stuff I've seen done in these films before. Maybe it got better but I couldn't suffer sitting any longer to watch something I was finding unenjoyable. There was no sense of narrative forming in the opening and it was just annoying to watch

This isn't a review, I'll still watch it eventually on google play or something

It’s a mess, but I still found enjoyment to be had that I couldn’t get from TLJ.

I would hope that those in charge will learn from this and actually plan ahead what will happen.

Supposedly, Rhian Johnson asked JJ where he should go with his film, and JJ said, “do whatever, there’s nothing set in stone”.

What Disney should’ve done is hire Lucas to map out the ideas of where the trilogy should go, but have a bunch of “no” men to edit down his nonesense.

Such a great start to the trilogy, even if it was a remake, but they pissed all the goodwill up the wall and made 2 messes.