passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Uncharted : The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4)

Hendo

In news that will surprise no-one.

http://youtu.be/rKfRZ1x2nbQ

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will launch in the UK on 9th October, Sony has now confirmed, and will grant you access to the multiplayer beta of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

The package will contain the the single-player campaigns of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception in 1080p and 60fps with better lighting, textures, and models.

Accomplished port studio Bluepoint Games is handling the collection (it previously worked on the God of War, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus plus Metal Gear Solid HD Collections, as well as the PS4 and Vita ports of Flower and the Xbox 360 port of Titanfall).

Bluepoint is also tweaking and improving all three games based upon fan suggestions. More details (and presumably some gameplay footage) will follow at E3.

Bluepoint knows what they're doing, I'll wait and see how it turns out but I could be on board for this.

I don't think this would've impacted the new game, Naughty Dog probably have very little involvement in it, other than maybe approving of work done.

Or you mean delayed to come after this?

I played through them not that long ago.

Drake's Fortune was a complete chore to play gameplay wise, really rough and boring.

2 and 3 were alright, 3 was probably my favourite but I think I missed out on the spectacle of them when they were first released.

Is the multiplayer definitely not getting redone? Shame if so. The traversal stuff in MP was fun.

I'll more than likely bite on that (glad there's no multi involved)... It's not hard to see why Uncharted 4 got "delayed" now though, is it.

We were always going to get a Uncharted Collection though. I think I read in a interview with Bluepoint that it took them 6 months to just make the new textures in the Metal Gear Collection. So they've probably be working on the Uncharted one for a while already.

All the Bluepoint remasters have been really good. The MGS3 one they did was amazing. So I'm interested to see what 'improvements' they're making.

Two is genuinely one of my top games of last gen. I played one afterwards and in comparison it is a chore to play. Three was ok, plays well but the story was too ludicrous. I'd say they are still worth playing if you haven't before.

If you haven't played 2 and 3 before then go for it.

They're fun but just don't go in expecting it to blown you away. The big set pieces are good, but the cover and shooting aren't as tight as Gears's.

Alot of people I know (some on here) seem to prefer the Tomb Raider reboot to Uncharted.

I think they're very very overrated. The platforming and puzzle stuff is nice and graphically they're very pleasing on the eye. The shooting sucks though, I hate how it feels. I don't think it's 100% the games fault because some of it has to fall at the PS3's controller, but it's still a fault whichever way you cut it. If it was a multiplatform game I don't think it would have garnered the love it has.

On a plus note, it has Claudia Black and her damn sexy voice in it. That's always a plus.

I quite liked 1, but I played it pretty much when it came out (I think there was only a couple of us with ps3s back then)

2 was legitimately brilliant. 3 felt like one of those sequels that tries doing too much and loses what was good, however I suspect that they showed off some of the more spectacular bits before hand, and that it had to follow 2 didn't help

2 was my first PS3 game,loved it.1 was pretty good.3 I barely remember,there's some pretty frustrating combat sections in it.

They are good,but really,yet another remaster? I'm sick of them to be honest. I bought a new gen console primarily to play new games. Not pay £35/40 for stuff I've already completed.

2 was my first PS3 game,loved it.1 was pretty good.3 I barely remember,there's some pretty frustrating combat sections in it.

They are good,but really,yet another remaster? I'm sick of them to be honest. I bought a new gen console primarily to play new games. Not pay £35/40 for stuff I've already completed.

I feel exactly the same way, I think this being released in October is a sign that Sony have nothing much coming out for the rest of the year apart from Until Dawn.

I think the problem is, and this might be the best example of it, that these remasters are taking the place of new games. Obviously it depends which way it works, if you stick these out because everything you were going to put out has fallen apart then they're doing no harm, but if they're looking at budgets and deciding that their money is better spent on these than a new game then it's a bad thing for gaming.

As someone who tends to buy a lot of games it might actually be a blessing in disguise that there's less games I want. That said I don't think being in a state where there's a Saint Row, Halo, Assassin's Creed perpetually about to release is a good thing, and remasters don't help

A lot of people have moved over from Xbox (360) to PlayStation (4), so this is the perfect way for them to experience these games.

It's also a decent attempt at countering Microsoft and their Tomb Raider exclusivity.

I never replay games, so from a purely selfish perspective any remake announcement is pretty much irrelevant to me unless I haven't played the game in question (RE HD Remake, RE 0 HD Remake for example) in business terms, it makes sense, sure, and a load of people that didn't have a PS3 get to experience U1 and 2 for the first time, in glorious 1080p/60fps, which is cool, but, for me, it's just irrelevant and stinks of the more cynical money-focused side of the industry.