passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout 4

DisturbedSwan

Quite excited to play this. Know I'll probably enjoy it but I struggled to find enthusiasm to put an order in. Not sure what it is.

Think I might be waiting for something to blow my socks off to get my gaming mojo back. Hopefully this does the trick.

I think this will be one game that lives up to the hype, but I am a Fallout fan so I'm slightly biased I guess, but I'm expecting incredibly high review scores and a great reception from the general public. To be frank, I think Bethesda GS would have to fuck up monumentally for this not to be a hit, the only thing I'm slightly worried about is bugs, but considering it has been virtually done since June I'm confident Bethesda GS will actually be able to put a game out there without any major issues (technically) this time around, but I guess time will tell, reviews hit on Monday at 1pm UK time so that'll give us the clearest indication, I'm expecting a 95%+ metacritic average.

Dude, 95%+ is hella optimistic, that's like blanket 10's across the board. It's only going to take one or two 7 or 8 out of 10's to ruin the chances of such a lofty average. I think it'll end up between 85 to 95%. I'll happily eat my words if it does manage to get what you're expecting it to though, nobody wants it to turn out a bit disappointing.

This game is going to have to be insane to live up to expectations, I've a feeling some folks will be let down by it when they eventually get into it in a few days time. Pretty much all my gamer friends are ready to pounce on it.

I really do think this'll be the one game that lives upto the hype, it's made by Bethesda GS (arguably the best studio in the world) with Todd Howard at the helm (arguably one of the best game director's in the world), they've worked on it for 6 years, on paper it's a home run, we just have to wait and see if it turns out like that, as I said before I think Bethesda GS will have to of monumentally fucked up the game for it not to live up to the hype, and they just don't do that really, that studio doesn't have fucking up in their repertoire (apart from technical issues).

Fallout 3 got a 93% (360 version) average on Metacritic, Skyrim a 96% (360 version) average so I certainly don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility, I think Bethesda GS have it in them.

The highest rated games of this year have been MGSV (PS4 version - 95%), Undertale (93%) and The Witcher 3 (PC Version) - 93%) so I think it's definitely possible, I'm 99.9% sure it won't get an average score on Metacritic below 90% anyway, but I am expecting 95%+

Reviews will be up at 1pm UK time today!

Was having a look round the net to see if I could find any snippets of info about it already and found an entire thread on Gaf saying the Frame-Rate dips in interiors on the PS4 version of the game: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1137035&page=44

Gaf being gaf everyone is freaking out, some are cancelling their orders, and the reaction is as knee-jerk as you'd expect from that forum, some are saying on there that the XB1 version runs better than the PS4 version, a Journo (guy that reviews games for ShopTo) on there has said both versions are fine, Pete Hines from Bethesda has said both versions are fine, so I've no idea if this is worth worrying about or not, but thought I'd share for the console gamers out there who may be worried about frame-rate problems.

Furthermore, the first PC Mods are out! http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40/?

It looks from streams like they skimped on the textures a bit. Is that a day one patch fix? It looks like fallout 3.5 a bit, and seems to play that way, can't figure out whether I should let that dampen enthusiasm or not. It shouldn't be important but it is....

By the way that feedback comment wasn't a dig at anyone here it was me not being able to figure out what the fuck a single review actual thinks. It seems like everyone wants to be happy about fallout but it's not very good or something...

The way I look at it, there's only 3 mediocre reviews (RPGamer - 3/5 stars, Cheat Code Central - 6.8/10 and Destructoid - 7.5/10) all the rest are 8 and above, so Bethesda must've done something right.

The three sites I trust the most are The Jimquisition, VideoGamer and GameTrailers and they scored it a 9.5, a 9 and a 9 respectively, the Metacritic is a 90% average on PS4 http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fallout-4 and 91% average on XB1 http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/fallout-4 so I think it's a pretty safe bet myself, the 4th highest rated game of the year (by Metacritic averages) so I think you'd be ok.

I'm not rushing out to buy the game at launch, so I'm more interested in seeing what the general feeling about the game is a month or so later.

So many big hyped games get glowing reviews rushed out to meet embargoes that tell you fuck all about what its like to spend time with the game, because they haven't done so. They had to steamroll through it in a couple of days to be ready to publish on time.

I expect Fallout 4 to still be pretty well received when people have had long enough to mull over the experience as a whole. Despite all their faults, Bethesda games are generally pretty decent.

I watched the Giant Bomb video of it and the gist I got was that it's a little disappointing how similar it is to 3 and the console versions have some frame rate and load time problems. And Bethesda still like to focus on the bigger picture over fixing their engine so it's full of the usual weird bugs and odd moments.

But on the plus side the companion stuff is better, the salvaging stuff is cool and making stuff is good.

And as it's so similar, if that's what you want then you should be pleased.