passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout 4

DisturbedSwan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently some footage leaked online and people are saying this looks terrible. Anybody see it? Looks like its been taken down.

by "terrible" i wonder if they mean that the graphics are comparable to fallout 3.

I'm guessing if that's the case, then people are going to be upset because they're making the age old "graphics over gameplay" argument. If a game plays well and has a good story, I can turn a blind eye to ropey graphics. Fallout 3 is a prime example of that, graphics looked a little ropey compared to other games at the time, but the game was so big with such a wide story, you can kinda forgive that it doesn't look as polished as, say, the latest halo game.

also the problem with "leaked" footage, is you have no idea where it came from, or how many times it's been compressed. Mobile phone recording uploaded to youtube can make anything look shitty, right?

The screen caps Ed was posting on Twitter looked pretty good to me but again it's all about context.

I've started Fallout 3 again on PS3, and it still looks fine. Peoples faces and mannerisms are a little stiff, but I think that's noticeable only because R* nailed that so well in their games. All the landscapes and setting still hold up well though.

I've been toying with playing New Vegas through while everyone turns out their balls to Fallout 4. It might be playable now they've had a few years to patch it.

There was a series of restoration mods released that restored a lot of content to the game: You can read about it here and here. Also, there is a huge total conversion mod of the game in development called Project Brazil. The second part is scheduled to be released soon.

GAME are incredibly shitty, I used to order from there quite a lot between '08-'11 but lost faith in them and reverted back to ShopTo for the majority of my game purchases after a few games I pre-ordered turned up late, unfortunately I'm forced to deal with GAME to get my PBE so fingers crossed everything still goes smoothly, I'm still tempted to buy a code off CDKeys for £29 and then sell the code in the PBE on ebay or something so I won't have to rely on GAME getting it to me on release day.