passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFG Netflix Club - The One I Love - 07/09/15 - 14/09/15

RoboticMonk3y

Right then,

Given there are enough people interested, I'm going to suggest a film.

Safety Not Guaranteed (RoboticMonk3y)

Primer (Pikman)

Donnie Darko - Director's Cut (Hendo)

Frank (Sly Reflex)

The Hunt (Blakey)

Network (mr lakitu)

Wreck It Ralph (Sly Reflex)

Diana (Sly Reflex)

Rudderless (Hendo)

Blue Ruin (DifferentClass)

The Crazies (DifferentClass)

The Guest (Jimboxiii)

You're Next (DifferentClass)

The One I Love (Hendo)

Got an interesting twist of events for this.

You know how things vanish from Netflix without warning?

Well I just noticed something new, maybe it's been there for a while but I've only just seen it.

I searched for Safety Not Guaranteed and found it (on PS4 version of Netflix, UK version) and on the main page for the film there's text at the bottom, "available until 13 May".

Got an interesting twist of events for this.

You know how things vanish from Netflix without warning?

Well I just noticed something new, maybe it's been there for a while but I've only just seen it.

I searched for Safety Not Guaranteed and found it (on PS4 version of Netflix, UK version) and on the main page for the film there's text at the bottom, "available until 13 May".

oh,

well if that's the case I might have dropped the ball on this one.

It's been a film I've wanted to watch for a little while now, so that's why I picked it.

Enough people seem to have seen it already that we should have a few reviews.

As for what film next I thought we could take it in turns to pick, give everyone who joins in a go at picking a film.

That's a good pick for me, Primer.

I tried to watch it a couple of times and it started that slow that the first time I turned it off and did something else, the second time I fell asleep.

I'm determined to give it a go as a mate swears it's excellent.

I'll try and watch Safety Not Guaranteed some point today.

Finished.

It was good, not as funny as I was hoping for but worth a watch. Above average maybe?

I was most surprised that they actually went and did time travel at the end, I was expecting him to decide not to bother because he fell in love with the journalist.

Well, going back to that main point in the spoiler, I don't think it's meant to be scrutinised too clearly.

I wouldn't go as far to call it a fantasy film but it's certainly one where you have to switch your brain off and let a few things go.

It's like The Returned that I'm watching at the moment. It's not brilliant but it is watchable. There's some weird human reactions to dead people coming back to life that people are only slightly weirded out by and then quickly accept it and move on. That could make you throw your hands up and go, "nope, not buying it!" and turn it off but sometimes you have to turn the brain off.