passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

retroed

ynEGL31.jpg

Next year's Assassin's Creed game will take place in London during the 19th century, Kotaku has learned. Farewell, Napoleon; hello, Jack the Ripper?

This new entry in Ubisoft's annual open-world action series, slated for release in the fall of 2015, will take us through the dirty back alleys and rattling stagecoaches of London during the Victorian era, a historical period that fans have wanted to see in an Assassin's Creed game for quite some time now. This new Assassin's Creed game is called or code-named Victorylike Victorian!and it will be out next year for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, according to a person familiar with the game.

Victory is something of a shift for the series in a few ways. For one, this is the first Assassin's Creed game helmed by Ubisoft's Quebec studio, as opposed to their primary Montreal office, which has led development on the biggest Assassin's Creed releases since the first game in 2007. Earlier this year, the Ubisoft Blog teased that Quebec would be heading up a future game in their annualized series, but they didn't say much more about it. This is that game.

uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788

Black Flag seemed alright, from the little I played of it. My problem with it is the same as all Ubisoft open world games. You open the map, see a billion sidequests/collectables etc. And go "I can't be arsed with all that".

Unity is allegidly a buggy mess. So proudly announcing a new one is hardly a great idea.

I do think the overall concept is great, but it's just too boring to actually play, the fighting mechanics aren't great and the stealth at times can be frustrating as hell! If they took a leaf out of the new batman games, imagine a game very similar in control and day light! This would, be awesome maybe they will see the light sooner rather than later.

Assassins Creed 2 was awesome, as was Brotherhood, I really recommend playing them both if you haven't. I played 5 minutes of Revelations before turning it off, I just wasn't ready to do the exact same thing again. That was about three years ago.

Assassins Creed 2 was awesome, as was Brotherhood, I really recommend playing them both if you haven't. I played 5 minutes of Revelations before turning it off, I just wasn't ready to do the exact same thing again. That was about three years ago.

That's my problem too. I like all 3 I've played, but 3 is enough, especially as I've still got 2 more before I get any resolution of Desmond's story, and that game is meant to be a bit shit

3 was extremely boring.

It could be that I didn't pay for it so there's not as much desire to finish something you get for free as much as if you paid for it, but I never even got past the tutorial bit and onto the main character.

Ill is spot-on. AC2 is one of the best sequels ever made, absolutely loved it. Brotherhood as well I very much enjoyed. By Revelations though fatigue set in. And now I don't give a toss. Yearly releases has killed it. If your progress somehow carried across, or gave you a bonus in the next game, then ok. But no, you'll do a billion side-quests, only to have to do them all over again same time next year.

• 5 months later...
XHYWpuU.png
The next Assassin's Creed, set to be officially revealed next week by Ubisoft, will be called Assassin's Creed: Syndicate when it's released this holiday, according to marketing material obtained by Polygon.
The Syndicate name matches previous reports on Kotaku about the game.
The marketing material states that the game will "transport millions of gamers to an astonishing recreation of London during the Industrial Revolution where they will find themselves immersed in a game world they'll have to see to believe."
The game will star an assassin named Jacob Frye, according to the material. Those who pre-order the game at GameStop will receive an Assassin's Creed: Syndicate shilling necklace, meant to be a replica of the one worn by Frye in the game.
Ubisoft says it will officially reveal the new title on May 12 at 5 p.m. UK time (12 p.m. ET) during a livestream. Earlier this week, Ubisoft posted an animated teaser for the game on its UK site for the next Assassin's Creed game. The site included a reference to Jacob and the phrase "oppression has to end."
Today, the U.S. version of the official site showed brass knuckles on its front page with phrases like "God Save the Queen" and "Strength Through Loyalty" in wood behind the weapon. The word "Rooks" is featured about the brass knuckles with a picture of a bird carved next to it. In the background you can hear the sounds of a church bell ringing and people talking in what sounds to be a bar or pub.
New Teaser Trailer:
Full reveal on May 12th.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-05-11-assassins-creed-syndicate-will-let-you-play-as-a-woman-report

Last year Ubisoft caught a lot of flak for not having any playable female characters in Assassin's Creed: Unity, but it looks like Ubisoft's Quebec studio isn't going to make the same mistake.

According to a couple of sources close to the project at Kotaku, AC: Syndicate will allow players to assume the roles of two main characters: Jacob (whom we already knew about) and his sister Evie, pictured below.

pmqz5HM.jpg

One of Kotaku's sources claimed that there won't be any multiplayer whatsoever and that roughly three quarters of the story missions will favour Jake. However, you will be able to toggle between the siblings at will between the more plot-driven sequences.

Last year Ubisoft explained the lack of playable women as a production issue. "It's double the animations, it's double the voices, all that stuff and double the visual assets," Assassin's Creed: Unity director Alex Amancio said. "Especially because we have customisable assassins. It was really a lot of extra production work."

Amancio later said he didn't think female avatars were "relevant in the case of Unity,"because everyone plays as the same character - even if they're represented as different avatars in other players' games. "I think this started from confusion in relation to the co-op, where they thought it was an avatar which it isn't," he somewhat perplexingly tried to explain.

So far Assassin's Creed: Syndicate's playable female character remains unconfirmed. We've asked Ubisoft about it, but have yet to hear back. Either way, we should know more when Ubisoft officially unveils Assassin's Creed: Syndicate tomorrow at 5pm UK time.

Lots of new footage from the official reveal earlier today:

Debut Trailer:

World Premiere:

Gameplay Walkthrough:

Looks pretty damn impressive, definitely looks like they've taken some inspiration from the Batman: Arkham games with the grappling hook and the new, faster combat stuff.

Collectors Editions:

trT5h7p.jpg

4S9k4zO.jpg

DY6mEmX.jpg

Release date is October 23rd.