passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

Recently rewatched all of Prison Break. 1 and 2 are brilliant, not quite "top tier" of American drama. Series 3 goes off the rails a bit, but has it's moments. Series 4, and the "final break" are a complete clusterfuck. By that point you feel "I've come this far, may as well finish it", but it gets completely and utterly ridiculous. The end is a massive "fuck you" as well.

Sons Of Anarchy is excellent, I'm up to date with the newest series on DVD. I believe the next series to be broadcast will be the last, which is fair enough as it's had a good run.

Breaking Bad is without doubt the greatest US drama ever made. Watching it through a 3rd time with my girlfriend Sarah, she's never seen it before. She's loving it, and I enjoy our discussions about what she thinks is going to happen. Of course I'm telling her nothing :-) She's just over halfway through Series 4.

It's probably been recommended here, but I'll go ahead and say Fringe is a brilliant show. Bit strange in places. But man, the final series is fucking excellent.

Excellent, a man with good taste :-) Trust me, you'll know when you're on series 5, it takes a completely different direction. Was definitely sad when it finished.

Really must get around to watching the latest series of Arrested Development. While it's not quite as consistently funny as Curb Your Enthusiasm, it can be hilarious. Gob in particular of course. "I've made a huge mistake".

I didn't think it was too bad. It was made to be watched in fifteen minute chunks so the pacing is a bit off and it is packed with clichés. As a little something extra for fans though, I thought it worked.

The pacing doesn't get any better when it's uninterrupted. I found it pretty amusing that anything relating to the Covenant was kept to a few frames to keep the cost of the film down. All the slow-mo and cheesy lines really added to the humour, even though there was meant to be none.

I've been watching Farscape, it seems to be a bit of an acquired taste, some people hate it, but I always liked it. Some of the cg looks a bit ropey, but then it's like 15 years old so no great surprise, but the puppets hold up really well (It's a sci-fi show that used Jim Henson puppets), Pilot especially looks really impressive, quite expressive.

The problem is Farscape ended on a cliffhanger, there was supposed to be another series but it just ended on a massive downer of an ending. They eventually went and did The Peacekeeper Wars which went back and tied things off. Unfortunately Netflix have decided to just buy the series and not the Peacekeeper Wars, so when I got to the last episode last night I was left with the same downer ending :fist:

When that happened back in the day I was watching it in my room, i actually got off my bed and stood in the middle of the floor with my mouth open in shock. The Peacekeeper Wars is beans, I can send it to you if you want unless you can find it with internet jiggery pokery?

Just watched a documentary called Vegucated. I really enjoyed it, I found it a bit of an eye opener. Its about three people trying the vegan way of life for six weeks. Give it a watch.

I have this in my list, looks good! I never REALLY fancy watching it though, I will soon now :)

Never got on with Farscape...

When that happened back in the day I was watching it in my room, i actually got off my bed and stood in the middle of the floor with my mouth open in shock. The Peacekeeper Wars is beans, I can send it to you if you want unless you can find it with internet jiggery pokery?

I was the same, I was at uni and just about to head out after watching it, didn't even realise it was the last in the series let alone last ever. I spent all night drunkenly telling people how fucking bullshit it was :lol:

I'm sure I'll be able to find the Peacekeeper Wars somewhere on the net, I've probably still got a vcd of it somewhere

The Office continues to be amazeballs, I'm halfway through Season 6.

Good, im glad you are still enjoying it, I couldnt tell if it would stick or not. Its the new Friends for me, in that I can just sit down halfway through any episode irrespective of how many times I might have seen it and still watch it and find it funny.

Im into series 5 of Fringe and I can see what upset Hendo now. I fully intend to watch it through because ive really enjoyed it.

I have such mixed feelings about it, but will post them in the fringe thread just in case.

Has the 'Recently Added' bit disappeared for anyone else? Now it's really hard to see what's new for me. That was the section I used the most to find things to watch which I imagine most do since suggestions for me courtesy of Netflix are useless. Right now the top 3 are Disney's The Parent Trap (probably down to all the Pixar I've watched), Avatar: The Last Airbender (probably down to all the Cartoon Network) and Gossip Girl (no idea).

Edit: okay, I looked into it. Gossip Girl is there because I watched The Hunger Games and have Magic Mike in my to watch list. Still, that's a stretch of a suggestion.