passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

It does look terrible. Is it a cheap film or a long tedious series? I've never heard of Jessica Jones.

Do you even bother watching these trailers anymore?

I'm guessing the Netflix watermark, branding and 'a Netflix original series' implies it's a series not a film.

It looks interesting, I've never heard of Jessica Jones either. It looks very similar in tone to Datedevil, perhaps a bit too much maybe? I'll certainly give it a look though.

I thought it looked alright

I've not watched Daredevil yet

I like her

On the Amazon side of the great divide, The Man in the High Castle, their adaptation of the Philip K. Dick novel (that I'm reading at the minute) has a second episode, and the remainder of the series is out on the 20th November.

The first episode was great, seems very different from the book, but that appears to be the way to do a Philip K Dick adaptation. Easily the best thing I've watched this year though

It does look terrible. Is it a cheap film or a long tedious series? I've never heard of Jessica Jones.

Lakitu DC fanboy confirmed? It all makes sense now. :lol:

It looks like it has the same gritty street level tone as Daredevil. But..

Daredevil was more about him trying to clean up Hell's Kitchen. He's more of a fighter, he's more relentless. He won't stop till he's got what he wants. Which sometimes got in him trouble and his ass kicked. So there was always going to be a lot of action.

Jessica Jones is more of a traditional superhero in that she has super human strength, she can fly etc but she gives it all up to start a detective business. But she has PTSD, she struggles to deal with here past, struggles for rent each month. She also has something else to deal with that won't spoil that I haven't seen in the trailers but it's big. She's kinda blunt/bitchy and to the point too.

I think Daredevil/Jessica are going to have the same vibe though. They're both set in the same place after all.

So with all that in mind I think this is going to be a gritty "cop show" about a superhero who's on hard times, that are going to get harder.

Jessica Jones isn't my favourite marvel character by a long shot. But with the amount of characters that look like they are going to be in it (Punisher, Cage, Purple man, probably Daredevil, etc) it has potential. I hope it's good.

@Dangerman you should watch Daredevil man. It's good TV even if you like that sort of stuff or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched a bunch of Master of None, Aziz Ansari's new sitcom.

Its basically about trying to deal with becoming an 'adult' and all weird and scary shit that involves. I think I probably in the same life phase as Aziz's character in this. So some of it is hitting abit too close to home. Especially the kid stuff. :lol: But I really liked what I've watched so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the first few episodes of Jessica Jones. Like the Daredevil show I think they're doing the character justice.

It has a different vibe to Daredevil. It's been a straight up noir detective show. Less action, slower paced, lots of questions to be answered.

Hasn't grab me like Daredevil did yet. But it I've liked it so far. Well acted again too.

I'm a few episodes into Jessica Jones. The actress (Jane from Breaking Bad) is ridiculously hot, my kind of woman.

There's a twist that just happened on the last episode I saw that unfortunately I saw coming a mile off, but maybe it was meant to be obvious.

Still got about 5 or so episodes left but it's fallen abit flat for me. It's not terrible but it's too slow paced in parts and I've been getting bored. Hopefully the last few episodes are good like the first couple.

What's surprised me is how good and well cast Mike Colter is as Luke Cage. Totally nails it.

And Krysten Ritter's bum. Can't stop staring.

I haven't finished it yet but so far Daredevil hasn't appeared. There might have been a couple of hints so far but it's meant to all tie together, Avengers style.

One of the other characters in this is getting his own series too.

It's set in the same part of New York. Hell's Kitchen. I haven't finished it but I haven't noticed that much stuff crossing over so you could probably watch Daredevil or Jessica Jones in any order. Daredevil does a lot of world building and set up with the gangs and factions etc so I would start with that.

Jessica Jones isn't enthralling me. I'm fed up of pointless sex scenes already and I'm only 3 episodes in. They add absolutely nothing. Luke Cage as a character is like rifling through your pockets when emptying out to put your clothes in the laundry and feeling like you've got paper money in there, but when you pull it out it's a receipt for lightbulbs you bought at ASDA because they were selling them off and you thought you'd stock up even though you don't need them. There they sit in the meter cupboard not really doing anything but they're kind of there because you have to have these things because that's what being an adult is about. In fact lightbulbs are more interesting than Luke Cage. And doing laundry. And anything else that isn't to do with Luke Cage. Stuff like mowing the lawn or opening mail. Or reorganising your pantry so that the stuff you bought back in 2008 gets a go at the front before being sent to the back again by being replaced by food that actually gets eaten.

God this is dull. I'm not impressed. I'll continue with it until it's finished, but it's not setting itself in good favour.

Absolutely loving Jessica Jones now, the first 3 or 4 episodes were quite slow, meticulous and boring, but since then things have really ramped up, really liked Ep's 5-8 and absolutely loved it from Ep's 9 onwards, got 2 Episodes left to go I think which I'll hopefully finish by the weekend.

Watched a bunch of Master of None, Aziz Ansari's new sitcom.

Its basically about trying to deal with becoming an 'adult' and all weird and scary shit that involves. I think I probably in the same life phase as Aziz's character in this. So some of it is hitting abit too close to home. Especially the kid stuff. :lol: But I really liked what I've watched so far.

I've got half way through this and I've been enjoying it.

It's not hysterically funny, but I've been chuckling though most of the episodes.

I read his book Modern Romance while I was traveling at the weekend. It's really good too.

He work with a load of experts and professors on it. Some of it I hadn't really thought about before. Like they found out that in people that are around grand parents age backwards. Theres a very high percentage of that they married someone in their own street or building. That's mental.