passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

Watched some more good docs on Netflix.

Supermensch : The Legend of Shep Gordon is great, had never heard of the guy before but he comes across as such a massive part of the entertainment industry.

Currently watching Downloaded about Napster. Lars Ulrich still doesn't look any less of a dick, all these years later.

. Lars Ulrich still doesn't look any less of a dick, all these years later.

Man! the knock on effects of digital distribution that guy caused.

waaaaa, I can't afford to buy another 14 houses, waaaaaaa, I'm so metal, that I want to sue everybody.

If you're keen to sink your opinion of Metallica even lower, seek out the documentary "some kind of Monster", I've never seen so many existential hissy fits in my entire life. Who could have thought that going chugga-chugaa-chugga-chugga-chugga on a guitar could be so demanding.

I'm pretty sure Comminuty is one of the best things I've ever seen. Absolutely loving it!

Currently on S1 Ep 18.

14 and 17 were epic, utterly genius. You have to give it your full attention. Loads of detail and nods to other programs. AMAZEBALLS.

I haven't seen Community but I watched a documentary on the UK Netflix called Harmontown about the creator of Community Dan Harmon taking his podcast on tour. It's really good. Harmon is a funny painfully honest dude. They play D&D on the podcast too. Haha!!

I'll be checking out Community and the podcast for sure.

House of Cards! So far?...Not really grabbing me like the first 2 seasons. Still a fair bit to go though.

It is totally awesome. One last night was sort of like 28 Days Later plus a ton of other film references. It just blows my little mind :)

I'll look out that docu, nice recommendation, thanks!

We are the same with House of Cards. 3 Episodes in and it's a little better than when we started but it's lost it's magic. Sadly it hasn't lost the boring 5 minute intro.

• 3 weeks later...

For those that don't have or can't afford Netflix.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32068979

Breaking Bad is coming to UK terrestrial TV. The new channel will also broadcast The Walking Dead too. If it's anything like its American counterpart, it'll be advertisement hell, but just record that shit and fast forward through the junk.

Watched 'Our Vinyl Weighs a Ton' documentary about Stones Throw records on the US netflix..

I enjoyed it, the soundtrack is ace.

Apparently that Ghibli/Miyazaki documentary is on the US netflix too but I can't find it. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Early days.. But just watched the first 2 episodes of Daredevil.

I don't want to say too much but they seem to finally doing Daredevil properly. The tone is veeery dark, definitely not something to watch with the kids. A lot of what I've seen so far has been refreshing.

The last 10 minutes of episode 2 is immense.

So far, so good. I'm impressed.

It's definitely in the MCU, there's been winks and nods to it already.

I think their plan is to do a Daredevil season into a Iron fist season into a Jessica Jones one into a Luke Cage one sort of thing. Finishing with a Defenders one with all them in it.

I think it's highly likely we'll see Spiderman now at some point too. Being in the same city and that.

I dont really like any of the defenders other than Daredevil. I always felt like they just grouped them all with daredevil to give the others a bit more credence.

Watched the first episode and its pretty good.