passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Streaming Recommendations

Hendo

John Fashanu was an absolute cunt to him too, although it seems like John Fashanu is just a massive cunt full stop. It is kind of crazy how few openly gay footballers there's been when Justin was around int he early 90s, but I suppose what happened to him is a prime example of why you wouldn't really want to come out while you're playing

I’ve just finished Toger King after 2 sittings too. What a fucked up story, everyone in it is absolutely tapped in head!! It’s all madness.

Spoiler

How Joe is the only one locked up I’ll never know. Although as it says, they’re supposedly not done with Jeff yet. Can’t believe there’s more tigers in America than in the wild too if the text at the end is correct. 

Holy shit the tigers and cubs are so fucking cute!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Had a long post typed abut Making A Murderer and then accidentally deleted it, in short I finished it and it’s definitely one of the best, most fascinating and most shocking tv shows or documentaries that I’ve ever seen. If nothing else a shocking and depressing exposure of corruption and lying. I’ve read up on events since the end of season two and I’ll definitely be following what happens from now on.

I started and finished The Midnight Gospel yesterday. It’s a cartoon made by the guy who does Adventure Time.

It’s way weirder than that and seems made specifically for those who like to melt into their sofa. So much so it was released on 4/20.

I knew nothing about it going in and I soon clocked that unlike normal animation where voice actors record their parts separately, these were clearly in-person interviews. It kind of feels like a mash up of the Creature Comforts shorts with Yellow Submarine.

The conversations go in some pretty deep places and the last episode, which I won’t spoil, is an emotional rollercoaster and one of the best episodes of a cartoon I’ve ever seen.

Watched LA Originals. Another pretty good Netflix documentary. A feature length rather than series one. Highly recommended if you’re into hip hop culture, in a nutshell it’s about the major photographer and Artist/tattooist during the golden age of hip hop, mainly around the west coast obviously, but they do everyone they’re that good.

Wish it covered more during the recession and what they did after it and up to now but suppose they only had so much time and that was the more interesting story. 

I also watch Extraction tonight. It was ok, I guess. Felt a bit like something Mark Walberg might have passed on. The 11 minute 'continuous' action sequence was pretty slick but it all felt a bit by the numbers. I think part of the problem is we have been spoilt with really smart action films over the last decade (Raid, John Wicks, the Bourne films) and this felt a bit like the poor cousin of those. Hemsworth is always good on screen though (although even he couldn't save MiB International)

Watched an episode and a half of The Staircase today, seems very interesting. It’s interesting to contrast this with Making a Murderer - in the case of The Staircase the person being trialled for murder is wealthy so has quite a large team of people working to defend him.  My gut instinct based on the first episode was that he was guilty, but we’ll see where it goes...