passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Need For Speed: Most Wanted | Criterion Edition

retroed

550780_10151804967070298_1053901362_n.jpg

That's all we have so far, expect to see a lot more at E3.

It doesn't look like this is going to be Most Wanted 2, it appears EA/Criterion are trying to write that one out of history.

I'll likely be there day one, but would have liked to have seen a sequel to Burnout Paradise.

Just for a little comparison.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5JDiIS6PUP4/T2hUMfQGuiI/AAAAAAAAFAA/OZ2HVcu4spY/s1600/Need%20For%20Speed%20Most%20Wanted%20Black%20Edition.jpg

So what do you all think? A re-imagining or a remake? Or just another cool Criterion game?

On a side note, I'd just like to add that the original Most Wanted is one of my favourites in the NFS series.

preview_need_for_speed_most_wanted_3.jpg

• 2 months later...

So today at Gamescom, Criterion's VP Alex Ward had a few things to say about the Vita version of this. First off, we now have confirmation that it is Criterion themselves handling the game. Secondly, it's a near as dammit identical copy of the PS3 version. :o

“This is going to be the best racing game on Vita this year.” It’s a bold statement, but one that Alex Ward, Vice President of Criterion, doesn’t make lightly. He’s talking about the Vita version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted, which is being shown for the first time at Gamescom, and it’s no surprise he’s happy about what the development team has achieved with the game.

Incredibly, the Vita version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted is essentially the same as the PS3 and Xbox 360 games. “Everything from what we the ‘TV game’ is here on the small screen,” he announces. And when he says everything, he means it – every highway, back street, bridge and tunnel. All of the cars, the meet-ups, the challenges and the drive-through garages – they’re all in the game, and importantly they haven’t been cut down or changed to fit the Vita.

“This is pretty much the PS3 version of the game shoehorned onto Vita very tightly,” he continues. “This is a very technically ambitious thing to do - there aren’t any open-world games on Vita so far. To keep the world the same, to not make any compromises – that’s what we’ve done.”

More here

I already have it pre-ordered on 360, but could well end up getting it on Vita as well.

See, the issue I had with Hot Pursuite (and I think this'll be the same) is it looks too dry and serious (and grey and brown). What made the Burnout games great, especially Paradise, was not just the great racing but the fun and colour and brightness.

Here's a couple Vita screens.

VITA_NFSMW13scrn_gallery_post.jpg

VITA_OUTRUN_COPS_gallery_post.jpg

And here it is running on Vita.

iP58UZKwDJV4x.JPG

:o:toss:

Multiplayer will be fully supported, with all of the modes and challenges making the jump onto Sony’s handheld.
While some developers outsource handheld versions of big franchises to enable them to focus on the home console versions, it’s a testament to Criterion’s commitment that it kept the project to itself. “It would’ve been really easy to do Vita out of house,” says Ward. “We did that on some of our previous games. But when I saw the specs for the Vita, I knew we had to do it.”

Criterion. :wub:

I want to believe them, I really do, but these sorts of statements have been thrown around before and end up being massively exaggerated. Until I see them both running with my own eyes (hopefully at Eurogamer), I'll take it with a small pinch of salt.

the 2nd screen looks suspiciously good. I know the vita has some power, and the smaller resolution of the picture is going to help it, but I'd be surprised if the ps3 and 360 versions looked that good without some post work being done. I mean compare the jaggies on the first shot to the 2nd

I'm not saying it's necessarily fake, only that like for example Max Payne, the cut scenes aren't a true reflection of the in game graphics

• 2 months later...

Hmm not sure what to make of CVG's review, I can see them getting alot of stick for the score (which would be highly amusing considering the current issues surrounding games journalism) and the writers final paragraph sounds like someone who went into the game wanting something more like Forza Horizon than what Most Wanted seems to want to deliver.

On the other hand, my favourite Burnout Paradise moments were heading out into the hills where things got twisty rather than driving around an American city grid system.