passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

The thing with the MS adaptive controller is it's very expensive, and that is something which limits its accessibility also.

It's a good initiative tho, but Sony should also open up the PS5 to being compatible with PS4 controllers as well as there are many already existing accessibility options that are locked off cause you must use dualsense or Sony approved stuff on PS5 games.

It's an issue (unless they do loan version through appropriate charities) that cost will be a barrier, especially if people have not real idea how well the controller will operate for their specific need, or how any gameplay might be adapted to be accessible too.

There's no doubt it's an eventual move in the right direction though.

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to track down a game on the Playstation store that (I think) released last year, it has a female protagonist and plays like the old style Resident Evil games... I even looked at it on the store at the time but now the names gone can I fuck find it...

I hate it when this shit happens.🤬

Good shout but it's not the one... I think the title was two words and I think it was a european dev but could be completely wrong on that count... 

I'd be shit at Give us a clue.😂

I did a google on this and there are so many (awful looking) old school Resident Evil clones that they dump on steam, so this guy's channel seems like a good one to hit up

The game you're thinking of might have gotten a steam trailer but not a PSN one maybe, just possible I suppose

Ctrl-f 'Resident Evil Inspired', or just 'inspired' cause his whole channel is about these.

https://www.youtube.com/@ROEnetwork/videos

(that sounded mean, these two aren't awful looking at all. The ones I didn't link are the awful ones lol)

8fc13cee03cef10600405ba3d9b53a3fdb906711.png

Back in November we revealed 11 titles coming to PlayStation VR2 in 2023, and today we’re excited to not only reveal 13 more amazing games to the PS VR2 library, but also confirm titles expected to arrive within one month of the February 22 launch.

We are currently tracking more than 30 games for the launch window through March*, including titles from popular IP like Horizon Call of the Mountain, No Man’s Sky, and Resident Evil Village. A free PS VR2 update for Gran Turismo 7 is also on track for launch day.

Full Line-Up:

• After the Fall (Vertigo Games)
  • Altair Breaker (Thirdverse)
  • Before Your Eyes (Skybound Interactive, launch window)
  • Cities VR (Fast Travel Games) 
  • Cosmonious High (Owlchemy)
  • Creed Rise to Glory: Championship Edition (Survios, launch window)
  • The Dark Pictures: Switchback (Supermassive, launch window)
  • Demeo (Resolution Games)
  • Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate (MyDearest Inc., Perp Games)
  • Fantavision 202X (Cosmo Machia, Inc.)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (via free update to PS5 version of GT7)
  • Horizon Call of the Mountain (Firesprite, Guerrilla)
  • Job Simulator (Owlchemy)
  • Jurassic World Aftermath (Coatsink)
  • Kayak VR: Mirage (Better Than Life)
  • Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat! (Gemdrops, Inc.)
  • The Last Clockwinder (Pontoco/Cyan Worlds)
  • The Light Brigade (Funktronic Labs, purchase includes PS VR and PS VR2 versions) 
  • Moss 1 & 2 Remaster (Polyarc)
  • NFL Pro Era (StatusPro, Inc., free PS VR2 upgrade)
  • No Man’s Sky (Hello Games, launch window)
  • Pavlov VR (Vankrupt)
  • Pistol Whip (Cloudhead, free upgrade)
  • Puzzling Places (Realities.io, free upgrade)
  • Resident Evil Village (Capcom, via free update to PS5 version of RE Village) 
  • Rez Infinite (Enhance)
  • Song in the Smoke (17 Bit)
  • STAR WARS: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge (ILMxLab)
  • Synth Riders (Kluge Interactive, free upgrade)
  • The Tale of Onogoro (Amata K.K)
  • Tentacular (Devolver)
  • Tetris Effect: Connected (Enhance)
  • Thumper (Drool LLC)
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Ch. 2: Retribution (Skydance, launch window)
  • Vacation Simulator (Owlchemy)
  • What the Bat (Triband)
  • Zenith: The Last City (Ramen VR, free upgrade) 

PS4.jpg

The PlayStation 4 era was good to us. It spawned Red Dead Redemption 2, Grand Theft Auto V, God of War, The Last of Us Part II, Persona 5, and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End but alas, all good things must come to an end.

The transition into the PlayStation 5 era has been slow. We’ve seen plenty of games receive cross-gen releases due to PS5 console shortages but with PlayStation boss Jim Ryan confirming that those shortages are now over, it could soon be time to say goodbye to the PS4. It was previously claimed that PS4 games could be phased out by 2025, but a new trailer appears to show that Sony is ready to move on as soon as possible.

As pointed out by Kotaku, the trailer features 23 upcoming titles but only eight of those are due to be released on both the PlayStation 4 and 5. Many of the year’s biggest titles, including Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, Dead Space, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores, are listed as “coming to PS5 only.”

If you’re a PS4 owner wondering what you can play this year, the trailer teased that Assassin’s Creed Mirage, Resident Evil 4, Street Fighter 6, Destiny 2 Lightfall, Eternights, Tchia, Season A Letter to the Future, and Hogwarts Legacy would all be making their way to the console. It’s not quite on par with the PS5 line-up but it isn’t bad.

We knew the shift was coming. Horizon Forbidden West’s release - almost one year ago - marked the last time Sony offered a free PS5 upgrade path. God of War Ragnarök then introduced a £10 upgrade fee. Goodbye our beloved PS4s.

Link