passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Game Prices (all are RRP)

Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5

Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)

Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)

Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)

Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

In terms of ground gained and lost I still think Xbox have done better than Sony over the past week or so. PS5 still takes it for me because, even if some of the games are on PS4, which I understand why but it really weakens their case, it still means there are things to play on the PS5 that you can’t on Xbox. At the end of the day games consoles are about games so that is the big deal.

But with this post show news of things coming to PS4. I think for me that has taken the wind out of PS5 a little bit while that pricing and business model has done wonders for Xbox. 

I would still take the PS5 at launch over the Xbox if I had to pick one but the gap has closed much more than I thought it would be a fortnight ago. 

2 minutes ago, Maf said:

At the end of the day games consoles are about games

Agreed. That's how I've always seen it. The issue for me now it seems, is timing. Getting a TV before launch, or for it?

This is from a EG article just posted but yeah I remember this and Mark Cerny talking similar so for the news to come out now. Hugely detrimental and negative if you ask me

Sony previously made a point of saying it "believed in generations", attempting to make a clear difference with the next-gen versions of its first-party exclusives as opposed to those being made as cross-gen games elsewhere. 

"We have always said that we believe in generations," PlayStation boss Jim Ryan said earlier this year. "We believe that when you go to all the trouble of creating a next-gen console, that it should include features and benefits that the previous generation does not include."

So it is a surprise to hear these three games are cross-generational - particularly Horizon Forbidden West, which is not launching in 2020.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-16-playstation-5-games-spider-man-miles-morales-sackboy-and-horizon-forbidden-west-will-all-launch-on-ps4

Wow, would not have thought Horizon was targetting current gen. Guess I was bamboozled by that trailer.

That kind of writes the game off for me cause the only reason I was specifically curious about it was how the SSD implementation could be used for open world. Now clearly they can't do that.

Honestly FFXVI might be the best looking thing at that show, even if it was a bit underwhelming. 

Very unfortunate timing for that Potter game. Wonder do they avoid any mention of Rowling on it

I still think it’s weird that everything that had a box art leak is now confirmed for this year except Returnal. They didn’t say it’s not this year. But then they also didn’t really give it any screen time so that makes it seem so much less likely.