passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Ready to step up as new CEO

white-swan-head-in-a-black-suit-isolated-on-black-2FNEG9C.jpg

It's a shame he's retiring but 30 years at the company, overseen the successful PS5 launch cycle and now wants to go off into the sunset, can't really blame the guy. It has been funny the last couple of weeks to see Americans lose their shit when they realised Jim is short for James though lol.

He was never much of a presence in the Public eye, didn't make any appearances on fanboy podcasts with questionable individuals, didn't give an interview to any outlet desperate for a soundbite compared to other CEO's out there with shit-eating grins. I appreciated the guys modesty.

10 hours ago, DisturbedSwan said:

didn't make any appearances on fanboy podcasts with questionable individuals, didn't give an interview to any outlet desperate for a soundbite compared to other CEO's out there with shit-eating grins. I appreciated the guys modesty.

Just not being Geoff Keighley isn’t much of a praise.

6 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Jim Ryan was sort of a dick, right? I think he didn't allow his workers to support Planned Parenthood or voice opposition to the withdrawing of abortion rights in many states

I didn’t really understand that saga. He sent an email to say we all have different opinions on things like abortion plus it’s my cats birthday. Strange.

I didn’t know who Jim was before his retirement and I don’t after. I think that’s what idiots call quiet quitting. 

Not much opinion on the guy cant say he has had the fans behind him, I wonder how many of the unfavorable decisions made in his time, were ultimately his call and how much came from shareholders / Higher Sony Bods.

Ultimately if they saw money in games as services and closing popular studios then he may not have had much choice in the matter, that being said he seems more of a numbers / results guy and less as someone who creates a connection with customer base and finding what they want.

But guess we will see when new guy comes in if they have any interests in moving the direction of company back towards that of the consumer. Ultimately I dont see anyone having the same impact as the teem who steered PS4 through its lfe, they really felt like they had a big connection witht their customer base.

I'm not entirely sure who this thing is aimed at... you want a discless PS5 buy the digital, it's cheaper... you think you're going to want a disc drive buy the full fat version, it's cheaper.🤷‍♂️

On 10/10/2023 at 20:37, Nag said:

I'm not entirely sure who this thing is aimed at... you want a discless PS5 buy the digital, it's cheaper... you think you're going to want a disc drive buy the full fat version, it's cheaper.🤷‍♂️

I'm really late to this, sorry, been busy. But I bet its purely about saving them money in manufacturing. That and if more people pick up a digital intending to get the disc drive later, there's a pretty good chance they never do, which means more money for Sony 

Its shit though, and I say that as someone who plays majority on pc, the console manufacturers can't be trusted with all digital 

I'm watching Digital Foundry and they're saying that these slim models are actually the same as the old ones. In that, there's a model with a drive, and one without. You can buy an external drive for the digital PS5, so they've actually made the PS5 slightly less digital reliant