passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sony Consoles and Updates

Sly Reflex

Well I don’t have a PS5 yet so if this coming then I’ll probably get the Pro instead, same as I did with the PS4 Pro. But I can’t really justify getting a PS5 as long as I have 30+ unplayed games on the PS4. On the other hand, if FF7 Rebirth comes out…

18 hours ago, shinymcshine said:

Can we bookmark this one for future reference........ 😉

You know what I'm like lol, but I just feel like with Rona this gen has barely begun really, PS5's have just started being widely available from the start of this year and 2024 is way way too soon for this to happen, it's why I'm extremely sceptical this will even happen in the first place, it might've been the OG plan before Rona but I really doubt it'll happen now. If it does happen Sony would be foolhardy to bring it out then with everything that's gone on, a 2026 release with a 2030 PS6 wouldn't be so bad. I'd be more likely to buy it if that were the timescale.

I think the fact this Pro could potentially just benefit from more RT whereas the PS4 Pro and One X were more '4K' machines for the TVs that were coming out then and now, whereas we don't have that next leap in TV tech, there's no 8, 3D or any other mainstream adoption on the horizon anytime soon. 

I personally have seen a few games on both consoles that have blown my mind graphically, plenty more on the horizon this year too, I expect Spidey 2 to be a showpiece along with Hellblade 2 (if it makes it this year) for XSX.

Yeah I wonder with all the supply chain shit from the past few years how realistic it is.

As for TVs I feel we are already past the point of diminishing returns with resolution, as it is you need a substantial sized set to really appreciate 4k, 8k will be more annoying than anything I think. But I don't think it needs to be tied to a new display anyway, cause they can tie it to (native) 4k 60/120 instead. It'll be the enthusiast option for people who want image quality and performance or something like that

In that sense the display tech would just be hdmi 2.1. Which current ps5 offers, but a pro would more fully make use of

Does anyone know if there's a quick and easy way to change NAT type on the actual PS5 console? As in using console settings. Noticed a couple of days ago that mine was Type 2 (moderate)

I'd like to stay away from the whole router port forwarding as my Series X has Open NAT and I really don't want to muck that up as its used for multiplayer far more often.

^ im not 100% on this as that stuff confuses me a bit but afaik thats not really a setting you can change, its an indication of how well youll be able to connect to psn (and other people) and probably need to mess with router settings to change it unfortunately. As long as you dont close any ports that might have been opened for the xbox i doubt that would get messed up, but i dont know for sure.

actually had a quick look and this says type 2 is what you want for ps5, not sure how accurate this info is mind:

https://portforward.com/nat-types/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me neither. But, multiplayer &

“We’re excited for Firewalk to bring their technical and creative expertise to PlayStation Studios to help grow our live service operations “

Means it’s of zero interest to me. Sony are hellbent on this even though that wagon seems to be going away. Thankfully. Hopefully…

Please. 

I've heard of the studio, but believe this is their first game, they're similar to Deviation and Haven in that they are making MP focused games for Sony, like Deviation and Haven, the game they're currently developing will be their first I believe. Live Service can mean lots of different things though, not going to write off a game and studio based on that. 

I agree insofar as MP stuff isn't really my bag anymore, but it does seem to be one of PS' core pillars they are hoping to bolster towards the end of this Gen and into Next, it's one of the things that has been most neglected by SIE since the PS3 generation really (MAG, Warhawk etc.). With Factions by ND, Haven's game, Deviation's Game, this game etc. there's quite a few that'll hit next year and beyond.

Based on the pedigree of PS studios and their eye for excellence I won't write any team/game/studio off though until I see the game in action, it'll have to be something special to get me to play - I will definitely play Factions - but yeah, still intrigued to see what all these MP focused studios are cooking up.