passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Shin Megami Tensei / Persona News

HandsomeDead

I need to go back to P4. I was enjoying it but it felt like a real step backwards after P5. Im really not keen on how it does dungeons and I much prefer talking to the Personas to get them rather than the weird card system. I wonder if this is one of those series where the first one you play will always be your favourite. 

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, there's a lot of stuff in there where I thought I was looking at the PS2 game. Which both speaks to how well that old one holds up maybe, but also that this upgrade looks a bit unspectacular IMO

I skipped P5 so I'll probably play this, looks like prime steam deck material. No steam logo though so I hope it's not too difficult to get it working on deck

55 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

To be honest, there's a lot of stuff in there where I thought I was looking at the PS2 game. Which both speaks to how well that old one holds up maybe, but also that this upgrade looks a bit unspectacular IMO

I skipped P5 so I'll probably play this, looks like prime steam deck material. No steam logo though so I hope it's not too difficult to get it working on deck

Other platforms will be announced soon, Xbox have this 48 hour announcement window or something, that's what I read on Discord and Era anyway, not 100% sure it's true, but they've got form for this apparently. Think both of these coming to Steam is a relatively safe bet.

• 3 months later...

Yeah. I mean it's clearly still going to be a great game. It's just I like remakes that give a good reason for a new playthrough (eg, RE2). Whereas this feels better aimed at people who've maybe never played it. I just don't think I could do another 100 hours of something that looks pretty close to what I've already seen.