passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Mario Kart 7

retroed

So, who else can't wait for this game? Hope we can get some online games going, DS-WiFi 4lyfe.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

I always like a new Mario Kart game. If they can do it as well as they did on the DS then were in for a treat. Make it as good as the first two games in the series please Nintendo... or is that a fanciful and foolish wish?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How the fuck did Ben get -9? We didn't even have that many active posters then. :unsure:

It looks like the same old same old, which is no bad thing. I'm not sure about the gliding and underwater bits. I really hope they bulk out the roster, just have a smash bros style put every fucker in and have done with it. That way there's always someone you want to play as online, because someone invariable fucking picks the person you wanted because the selection isn't all that big.

• 4 weeks later...

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1vU1D_uTeVY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lakitu is a playable character! Metal Mario too! Fireballs! SteetPass! First-person mode!

Mario Kart 7 will take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS's StreetPass feature for multiplayer gameplay, Nintendo revealed during their recent 3DS Press Conference. The Nintendo 3DS StreetPass feature will automatically exchange pre-recorded ghost data for players to race against with other Nintendo 3DS systems nearby. Players will then be able to use the data of the people they meet anonymously via StreetPass to identify those same players online for live multiplayer.

Nintendo also revealed that Mario Kart 7 would allow players to steer using the Nintendo 3DS's gyroscope. Paired with a new first-person camera perspective option, this is an entirely new way to experience the Mario Kart series.

Finally, Nintendo also used the conference to reveal two new characters for their light-hearted racer: Lakitu, in a cloud-themed kart, and Metal Mario, whose entire kart, including the tires, was metallic. The Fire Flower item was also revealed, allowing a racer to launch individual bouncing fireballs either forward or backward.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/27793

• 4 weeks later...

Saw some posters while I was out in the city today with this on. It's plastered with December the 2nd. There are quite a few of those posters doing the rounds, the others were Mario 3D and something or other I am not really fussed about.I think Mario is dated for the 27th of October?

Saw some posters while I was out in the city today with this on. It's plastered with December the 2nd. There are quite a few of those posters doing the rounds, the others were Mario 3D and something or other I am not really fussed about.I think Mario is dated for the 27th of October?

Super Mario 3D Land is dropping on November 18th, the same day as Skyward Sword. I'm really looking forward to both of them, although one might end up being a present so I have a slice of that Nintendo magic on Christmas.