passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Wii U

Hendo

• 3 weeks later...

Predictions for Nintendo Direct at 2PM today?

Im going to go for their being some sort of RAM expansion cartridge that you put in the front of the console, then for games like Donkey Kong Country WiiU HD Remake you could have slightly nicer effects.

• 4 weeks later...
An Amazon.com listing has outed an enhanced Wii U port of Eidos Montreal’s 2011-released Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The Wii U version promises to be the “ultimate” experience, and takes advantage of “a multitude of improvements, features, and additional content.”

Players can use the Wii U GamePad to access protagonist Adam Jensen’s newest augmentation, the Neural Hub, which offers an “immersive and empowering experience.”

Amazon has the game listed for a $50, May 7 release. An official announcement is expected before this weekend’s PAX East in Boston. Stay tuned.

Thanks, NeoGAF.

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/deus-ex-human-revolution-directors-cut-outed-for-wii-u

• 2 weeks later...

No Unreal Engine 4 or Frostbite 3 games on Wii U:

Nintendo thinks the Wii U began the eighth generation of video games hardware; random other people think it’s actually 7th-gen (also known as current-gen for the past seven years). We may be finding out know what the real answer is. First, Frostbite 3 games (including Battlefield 4, Dragon Age 3 and the next Mass Effect) won’t be on Wii U. Next, The Unreal Engine 4 games won’t, either.

At the Epic Games presentation at GDC, Mark Rein was asked straight up if there will be Unreal Engine 4 games on Wii U. He said:

“Hahaha no. I mean, sorry, it’s not really a correct answer. We’re not… we have Unreal Engine 3 for the Wii U. Right? And Unreal Engine 3 is powering all kinds of amazing games, still lots of games are being made with Unreal Engine 3. We announced today about a new Unreal Engine 3 license. Unreal Engine 3 doesn’t disappear because of Unreal Engine 4. But our goal for Unreal Engine 4 console-wise is next-gen consoles. That’s really what our energies are focused on. If you want to make a Wii U game, we have Unreal Engine 3, and it’s powering some of the best games on the Wii U already.”

Well, there is a vote, by somebody that matters, for Wii U being current-gen. Also, this sounds like it could be a big blow to Nintendo down the road as it tries to compete in the AAA core space. That’s a lot of multiplatform titles it will probably miss out on.

Thanks, Kotaku

http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/29/you-will-not-be-able-to-play-unreal-engine-4-games-on-wii-u/

So it looks like no AAA games for the Wii U like Dead Space 3, Army of Two 3, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Revolution (or whatever it's called) and Tomb Raider which all failed to meet expectations and forced the CEOs of their respected companies to retire. What a damn shame.

come on DC, Unreal was used to the detriment of the industry it was so common, it's hardly a good thing if its successor isn't going to be supported. Also Tomb Raider is supposed to be really good, and Sleeping Dogs was really good, regardless of sales (both of which will get sequels) if I was a WiiU owner I'd like games as good as that on my system

EA do appear to have really fallen out with Nintendo though, I wonder if Fifa will get a WiiU version this year?

come on DC, Unreal was used to the detriment of the industry it was so common, it's hardly a good thing if its successor isn't going to be supported. Also Tomb Raider is supposed to be really good, and Sleeping Dogs was really good, regardless of sales (both of which will get sequels) if I was a WiiU owner I'd like games as good as that on my system

EA do appear to have really fallen out with Nintendo though, I wonder if Fifa will get a WiiU version this year?

Come on DMAN, I'm just sayin' is all. Just pointing out a counter fact.

Games like Battlefield 4 and high end Unreal based games aren't what the Wii U owner wants, so I guess they are right, but they sell that news in such a passive aggressive way, like they are missing out. They aren't. They don't want that stuff.

Sure, the Wii U could do with more games, but Tomb Raider and Battlefield 4 aren't the games. There is a hunger that AAA developers are too clueless to know how to feed. And that's why they are hemorrhaging cash.

So, if you guys that own a Wii U could pick 3 games as must haves, what would you pick?

i've not played that many games on it yet...but the only must have exclusive for me so far is mario.

even i'm a little disappointed i got it early and there's still no pikmin, but not worried, this is nintendo, there'll be enough good games over it's lifetime to keep me happy.

A system stops bring next gen when it's actually out. WiiU was next gen till it came out and then it was current gen.

The years that the 360 and PS3 were still called "next gen" I thought it was stupid.

Come on DMAN, I'm just sayin' is all. Just pointing out a counter fact.

Games like Battlefield 4 and high end Unreal based games aren't what the Wii U owner wants, so I guess they are right, but they sell that news in such a passive aggressive way, like they are missing out. They aren't. They don't want that stuff.

Sure, the Wii U could do with more games, but Tomb Raider and Battlefield 4 aren't the games. There is a hunger that AAA developers are too clueless to know how to feed. And that's why they are hemorrhaging cash.

I would have thought Tomb Raider is exactly the sort of game WiiU owners would want, a good game from a popular series.

The problem isn't no Gears of War and no Battlefield, it's that everything EA make will be on Frostbite and if this gen was anything to go on, everything everyone else makes will be Unreal (the next Batman game for example)

I always thought the 3ds would recover, and it eventually did, it's starting to look like the WiiU will never find any real traction, Nintendo need some games out