passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

You know what?.. F U, game!

HandsomeDead

So those of you that saw the Metro 2033 thread will have seen that its been spoiled by a stupid, hard, un-fun, terrible, badly designed and gay.. mostly gay section of the game.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a game that has been ruined by one stupid bit? Silent Hill 2 and Final Fantasy X, I've been stuck on them but I played them late and have been distracted by new games to stop me from playing them further. If I played them at the time I would have put 100% into them. So they aren't the same.

What I'm trying to say is, has anyone else been playing and really, really enjoying something and later on into the game it turns into something you end up hating down to some crappy design fault or something?

There's probably a few from back in the day, not so many recently either because of the completed games list, my increased awesomeness, or games getting easier. The Conduit was definitely one though, I think it was the Jefferson memorial, I tried it loads of times and didnt want to start again on easy, so it was just abandoned. Not the greatest shame ever

Um.. Paper Mario & The 1000 Year Door. Watch looooong cut scene. Final boss, lost damn. I have to watch the cut scene again?! Stuff this! - Repeat.

oh man that was hard, i resorted to using a cheat disk. same thing for metroid prime 1 near the end - omega pirate - i never remember the names of bosses in games so that shows how much i hated that guy, cheat disk to the rescue again.

the original half life on the alien world where you have to jump between moving platforms and shoot stuff at the same time - did that one using god mode.

star wars kotor - was stuck on the last boss, this was on easy mode iirc, where the rest of the game required no skill at all in the fighting so when i had to know what i was doing on the last boss i was screwed and just gave up for ages, came back to it months later and worked out a stratergy to kick his ass eventually, i walked into the room and just before the cut scene triggered i'd put down the max number of mines all in the same spot then run behind them so he'd blunder into them, then i'd just repeatedly freeze the dude.

oddly i could never beat the last boss on the original perfect dark, plan to rectify that with the xbla version.

thoes are all games i really like though so i guess the bad experiences didn't put me off them.

oddly i could never beat the last boss on the original perfect dark, plan to rectify that with the xbla version.

theres 5 pillars on the last level, 3 of which will be randomly picked to be tagged with a bug as an objective. do that, but blow the other two up with the devastator! youll get a bonus - double phoenix. set them to explosive shells and that boss is as good as dead

loads of games have had infuriating hard bits, particularly on harder settings, but if were talking bad game design the mako sections in mass effect hit me hard. particular the first couple of times through when i was trying to collect all the stuff on the random planets. so, so boring and tiresome!

Um.. Paper Mario & The 1000 Year Door. Watch looooong cut scene. Final boss, lost damn. I have to watch the cut scene again?! Stuff this! - Repeat.

Also this, that cut scene was horrificly long, that was really stupid of them. Infact cut scene's before you start a section your stuck on are the absolute worst in any game.

Darksiders has a couple of awful sections, it makes you fight quiet a few really tough enemies, only for some even badder ass ones to appear afterwards. Die and you have to do everything again, after about 10 times id had enough, i havent gone back since. Its a shame because between those crappy moments its an awesome game.

The only thing I can think of off top of my head is playing CoD: World at War on Veteran, getting pelted with grenades at every possible turn. Even when I was crawling behind cover and it was absolutely impossible for the enemy to know where I was, they still seemed to know where to chuck their grenades. I just gave up in the end.

I forgot about that. I'm still at the same point but can't face going back to it, ever again.

Psi Ops. I was smitten with this game and was having silly amounts of fun squashing heads, throwing soldiers about and watching the ragdoll physics do their thing. Brilliant, brilliant game. Then it became a bit too difficult towards the end, health and psi were in short supply and it became a bit shooty. My enjoyment of this otherwise brilliant title plummeted like a donkey off a bell tower. I've been back to it a couple of times but I just can't bring myself to persist with it. Far too frustrating, a complete contrast to the fun I was having during the rest of the game. Ah well.

The dude with the TV's was an absolute cunt on Psi-ops. Easiest way I found to kill him was to hide in the corner looking back on the TV's so I didn't have to wait for them to spin round so I could shoot them out. Some of the bosses were fucking well difficult on that game, and there was one particular circular room of death I still remember due to its high difficulty. Annoyingly it ended on a "To Be Continued..." which is unlikely to be ever followed up.

star wars kotor - was stuck on the last boss, this was on easy mode iirc, where the rest of the game required no skill at all in the fighting so when i had to know what i was doing on the last boss i was screwed and just gave up for ages, came back to it months later and worked out a stratergy to kick his ass eventually, i walked into the room and just before the cut scene triggered i'd put down the max number of mines all in the same spot then run behind them so he'd blunder into them, then i'd just repeatedly freeze the dude.

n.

Same here, but I never beat the boss. I hold KotOR in high regard and I forget that I never beat it. I was just left bemused, I got a gist of the ending from the talking before the fight and figured I'd have an idea how it ends so never bothered.

I remember 1000 Year Door's big talkie bit at the end, there is no excuse for it really.

I completed The Thousand Year Door, I don't even remember the final boss.

I remember the last boss on Mario & Luigi on the GBA taking me over 40 minutes to beat. There was a bit where you get it's energy down, and it causes something that makes you all drop down to the floor below for another phase. Mario and Luigi drop to 1HP each and you have to dodge a bunch of attacks before you can heal up.

For me it was the underwater boss in Kameo that stands out for me, why reverse the controls the second you get under water, why do it, fuck you Kameo

I think that was just that the camera controls were inverted in that game for some reason. Didn't like it, but also it didn't cause huge problems for me. There were a couple of quite tricky bosses in Kameo.

I remember the last boss on Mario & Luigi on the GBA taking me over 40 minutes to beat. There was a bit where you get it's energy down, and it causes something that makes you all drop down to the floor below for another phase. Mario and Luigi drop to 1HP each and you have to dodge a bunch of attacks before you can heal up.

I remember that! i cant remember how old i was then but man was that tense, that took me 1 hour to do, good thing for me i was on a 3 hour coach trip.