passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

I thought episode 4 was awful, I've liked the others though

I watched an episode of a series called Falling Water on amazon, that seemed decent so I think that and Handmaid's Tale will be my next series. Anyone know if Lucky Man is any good, it sort of looks like it will be but I've no faith in it for some reason

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, mr lakitu said:

You're in for a treat with master of none. @Blakey. I really liked Leftovers but s2 was stronger. Also Sam from Glow has a show on Netflix I'll try called Maron. Also also there's a doc on Netflix about the original GLOW because it was an actual thing that happened. 

Cheers, yeah I'll definitely check those out :)

The second season of Master of None was a bit all over the place to me. I thought the earlier episodes were quite badly made, mainly the acting. But the 'I love New York' and 'Thanksgiving' episodes are probably the best bits of TV i've seen in a while. 

Anyone watched the Castlevania show yet? You could pick holes in it for days but it was a pretty fun Sunday afternoon watch. It's only 4 episodes. Not terrible.

Yeah I watched Castlevania. Trevor is a cockend. The set up is pretty cool, Dracula is a boss, magic girl is decent, Alucard seems promising 

I thought it was decent overall, quite an easy watch, not that many monster kills considering its Castlevania, but I guess better that than to have them tossed away cheaply if this runs beyond the 2nd series. 

It reminded me of late 80s early 90s anime, and kind of made me want more Vampire Hunter D and a decent Berserk series 

I thought Castlevania was alright as well.  Apart from at least one dull exposition drop per episode it is a decent little gore fest.  I actually quite liked Trevor with his fun swears.  It doesn't always look great but some care is taken with the action scenes at least.

It did just feel like a pilot, really, but I'm certainly up for more when it comes out next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else watch Fargo season3? It started off good, but felt like it's drifted in the middle, I do like the characters, especially Nikki as she reminds me of someone I know, the last episode returned to its gory shock ways with some great bits but the main story just isn't that good this time, might be me but perhaps time to call it a day, bit like dr who (ducks!!)

Been watching Arrow on Amazon.

Never bothered with it for years as I didn't have a clue who the character was and thought it looked like ass from the clips shown on Sky 1 but after learning a bit more about the character in Injustice 2 I was compelled to finally give it a try.

You know what, it is rather good. Even though IJ2 taught me a bit about Green Arrow, who he is and what he's about I you never get any backstory or anything so it was nice finding out about his past even if it is a bit rote (another billionaire who turns up after being missing for quite some time, very similar to Iron Fist and Batman), but yeah, gradually finding out how he became Arrow on the island through flashbacks, whilst seeing him beat up a load of naughty CEO's in the city is quite cool.

The family dynamic is something I didn't expect, it's cool getting to know Queen's family at depth, knowing his Mum, step-Dad and sister, getting a peak in their lives. It often feels like the introductory segment in films that shows how a character gets its powers and family life has room to breathe in this TV format so you get tons more exposition and tons more backstory than pretty much any film, which I like a lot.

Some of the acting isn't the best, the guys that plays Arrow and Diggles are great but the love interest Lawyer and Mum are a bit shit really, there's also some rather corny/cringey romantic stuff straight out of badly made high school drama.

But yeah, I quite like it, it's not the best show I've seen but it's entertaining and a bit different to how Marvel does things with their TV shows as far as I've seen, the character reminds me of Batman quite a bit and the show reminds me of Gotham a bit but other than that it is quite original really.

I used to watch Arrow with the Mrs. The first 2, maybe 3 seasons were great. We gave it up half way through this season though as it just became painful to watch, at least for us.

Flash too (I actually prefer Flash, it's a more light-hearted spin on the darker Arrow formula which gives more space for comedy moments) - when that gets mixed into Arrow it's worth watching the two of them alternately. Little things that happen in one show affect the other and vice versa.