passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

TV Shows

Jimboxy

I watched The Inbetweeners for the first time tonight.

I ended up watching the first 3 episodes of season 1 back to back. It's really good.

/Jealous

Wish I could go back and watch everything fresh again. It's a toss up between this and The IT Crowd for my current favourite comedy show.

Not sure a movie was the right way to go after series 3, but if the trailers are anything to go by it should be hilarious.

• 3 weeks later...

it's rare that i watch something on itv but I watched Appropriate Adult last night and it was brilliant. It's about Fred West, or about the appropriate adult assigned to him whilst hes in police custody. The acting in it is incredible, Dominic West (Macnulty in the Wire) is really good as Fred, not making him too comic but still keeping him human. The woman playing Rose is brilliant too, no idea who she is or if its close to how rose was, but she's horrible.

Annoyingly though even though it's a standard itv 2 part thing, they arent showing the 2nd part tonight, its on next sunday

also while im at it, it blew my mind that this happened in 94, I thought it was the mid 80s. Way more recent than I thought

• 1 month later...

Anyone watching "The Fades" BBC3 wednesday nights?? its all a bit odd tbh!

From what i can make it, a group called the Angelic's some have supernatural powers and some don't, and this new teenage lad who has all the powers, just doesn't fully know it yet. The main one being they can see the wandering dead before they ascend to heaven or descend to hell. Although some don't go anywhere they just stay on earth wandering round.

There is another group trying to break back into the real world, so far they have attacked school kids and eaten them alive, killed a couple of Angelic's, and the lead one has mutated from an evil thing into a human.

Its worth a watch but i will admit its a bit odd.

• 2 weeks later...

Back to BSG! im onto the last part of season 4 or 4.5 as they call it!

can't believe Dee killed herself :weep: had a small crush on her, she really is quite hot!

Watching this in Blu-ray, according to the spec its the only part of the collection thats in HD, you can tell some of the difference the filming is quality, im at the point i don't want BSG to end, i know ive got 11 episodes to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone watch Life's Too Short, the new show from Gervais and Merchant? It follows Hinn's BFF, Warwick Davis, pretty much playing the role of David Brent.

Liam Neeson does a cameo and pretty much kills it, completely hilarious but absolutely deadpan.

Walking Dead Season 2 is so poor D:

What's wrong with it? Season 1 was awesome.

Shame, I was looking forward to it as well.

In other TV news:

We finished Season two of Fringe last night :o

It's a fucking excellent show, can't wait to watch season three.

Walking Dead Season 2 is so poor D:

I'm getting this feeling also :(

I'll keep going with it but it feels as though they've lost their way a bit, possibly from not following the subject material close enough. Very slow paced compared to the comics. The whole Sophia storyline is just a total farce at this point, they really should have cleared it up the very next episode and moved on.

I just hope they start speeding things up a bit and get back to the actual story this is based on as there's far more exciting stuff to come than this.

I really don't rate Darabont anyway, not after The Mist. That film was unforgiveable. You want to see some stupid decisions made in a crisis, watch that.

It also includes a few of the cast from Walking Dead (Carol, Dale, Andrea), so maybe they're still suffering from the stupid they served up in that film.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I saw it. Seemed like a twisted episode of The Thick of It with some of the same cast turning up. It was kinda better than I expected.

But he couldn't help that misanthropic view of the public.. I really don't believe they'd be cheering him on with a pint in the pub.

Apart from that, it was good. looking forward to the others.

• 5 weeks later...

Not watching much tv at the moment, i got sick of those American comedies. I'll probably watch Game of Thrones when it starts back up.

Favourite tv shows: Twin Peaks, Northern Exposure, The US Office, Friday Night Lights, Arrested Development.

There are some other shows i could watch but i don't want to get sucked into something with four months left to go in 4th year...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been watching Sherlock?? Final part tonight, very disappointed felt like story was the same as dr who plus some of the background music was the same! Very disappointed!! The series had been so good up to this one, last weeks was brilliant the hounds of Baskerville just feel let down now :-(

I've been enjoying Sherlock, although always a few days behind due to watching it on iPlayer a few days later. So the Hound episode I was expecting to be rubbish because that's what everyone said about it - it was actually pretty good. The last episode I had the ending (the very last bit) spoiled.

So if you haven't seen it yet don't read on....

Lots of theories about how he faked his death. I watched it over again and he certainly makes sure Watson is only looking at him from a particular spot, one where he couldn't see the actual impact. The theory I most like is that the other people are in his "homeless network" working for Sherlock, he throws himself onto the nearby rubbish truck, a cyclist knocks him over on purpose, someone then drugs him so he doesn't see that Sherlock adds the blood and he is stopped from getting to check his pulse. The woman in the morgue who he says "I need you" has drawn up a fake death certificate so everyone thinks he's dead.

Another theory is that Moriarty used a "Sherlock" mask when kidnapping the little girl (hence why she screamed when she saw him) and so Sherlock has put that on Moriarty's dead body and chucked it off the roof. Which I don't think is likely from seeing him jump and the arms flailing about.

Also another theory is that Moriarty has also faked his own death.