passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Terminator 4

Jimboxy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because she's a model turned actress who thinks tilting her head is how robots would look while thinking. Or she genuinly is thinking of what it is she has to do next.

Someone should of told her that it's dogs that do that, not robots.

I have seen T3 but I can't remebember a thing about it. Where as T2 I can... And I think thats just it, T3 is a forgetable film.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Saw this the other night.

Want to go see it again already.

I absolutely loved it.... probably more than Star Trek.

A few people who went with me thought some bits were a bit cheesy but overall as a film its brilliant fun and a really well told story.

I love how gritty and dark it is and the effects are fantastic fun... even the stuff that doesn't look totally real still looks fucking cool.

For the record... i didn't think T3 was that bad either though. I didn't think it was on par with the first two either but as an action film i have seen much much worse.

Anyway... T4 kicks this out of the water and its great to see that Christian i'm a cunt Bale was not actually the main focus of the film. Sam Worthington is an awesome actor and carries his role so well.

I so hope they make some more off the back of this one.

All I've heard about this so far has been baaaad.

Admittedly, one review was Mark Kermode and he hates McG, but he ripped into it and said everything about it was terrible, including Bale's acting.

i thought it was ok though, although there's 2 things that really fucked me off

the newest terminator is apparantly the first one made, so why they fuck is he so much more advanced than the t-800's realistic heart, blood system, thinks he's human etc

also when the machines catch kyle reese, why not just fucking kill him instead of trying to lure john connor into some elaborate trap, no kyle reese = no being sent into the future = no john connor

though it did have a pretty cool arnie cameo in it

I'll answer these in reverse order

also when the machines catch kyle reese, why not just fucking kill him instead of trying to lure john connor into some elaborate trap, no kyle reese = no being sent into the future = no john connor

because JC exists in that timeline and so could still stop them. Assuming the timeline continues as it was expected to, theres a chance whoever the rebels send back in place of KR would do a better job of not leaving Arnie arms laying around. There's also the circular aspect of the time stuff. JC sends his own father back from the future, maybe skynet just realises that for that to be possible time cannot be changed at all by anyone

the newest terminator is apparently the first one made, so why they fuck is he so much more advanced than the t-800's realistic heart, blood system, thinks he's human etc

I was waiting for a better explanation of this and one never really came, or if it did i missed it. I assumed the tech was invented later and skynet sent Bonham back to do it, with the knowledge that they couldnt stop JC in the past (why they didnt sent more than 1 terminator, or loads every few days who the fuck knows). But yeah, it doesnt make much sense, none of it does

some interesting points there ben, i'll ponder them

though

if kyle reese had been killed, then that whole timeline would cease to exist and a new one would exist involving who knows what as in that timeline the machines were obsessed with killing john connor, no john connor = no original terminator movies. though then if there was no john connor and no terminators sent back in time then terminators wouldn't exist as they were all developed from the arm that was left behind, maybe the best way to destroy skynet would have been to kill kyle reese in the future, though if skynet did kill kyle reese, then they wouldn't exist, so wouldn't be there to kill kyle resse.........................aaaaaaaargh *head explodes*

stupid time travel

if kyle reese had been killed, then that whole timeline would cease to exist

I believe it's on this issue where we differ *adjusts monocle* Where did you attend for your doctorate in time travel? I studied under Doc Brown at the McFly institute in BiffGriffton

I believe it's on this issue where we differ *adjusts monocle* Where did you attend for your doctorate in time travel? I studied under Doc Brown at the McFly institute in BiffGriffton

an emminent professor, i'll grant you that and some he does have some interesting theories. I majored in Time Travel: A most excellent thing at The Bill and Teds Totally Excellent School (or as we liked to call it in my heady studying days, battys) I am a man of batty

stupid time travel

Ive never liked Kermode, his reviews generally seem to go with whether or not the film was good, i'll give him that, but it seems to me he caught a break and then thought he was the fucking king of reviews. Hes just a film critic and as such his opinion does hold some sway, but I also know films and more importantly I like what I like.

More and more I feel like there should be a shift away from film critic to film reviewer, as people like Kermode take it upon themselves to find bad things in a film, but when the general public watch a film this isnt what they do. Its like me reviewing a film on how much green it contains.

Sometimes he's good but sometimes he forgets that not everyone in the world is looking for the same things in a film as him.

He ripped into Night At The Museum 2, largely because it's "just a collection of sketches". I haven't seen it or the first one but so what if that's what the people who saw it wanted? It's like the people raging on minigame collections, thinking that seemingly you either have one or the other in your life, or the industry. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo......Terminator, nah not arsed.