passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Microsoft Consoles and Updates

Oliath

I honestly don't know what to expect next week... I also don't really know how they spin this to be a good thing, I'll hold my hands up and say I've been one of Xbox biggest fans on this site but even I'm thinking that Dragon's Dogma 2 very well be my last purchase from Microsoft on an Xbox console.

Yea this still really worries me going forward & was more than willing to jump to PS for future purchases but like Mark says, the games are easy to find much cheaper on Xbox. & I went back to using my PS5 a bit this week and the controller still just kills my hands. So regardless I’m stuck with Xbox really and just got to hope nothing happens in the long term future. 

After having a few days to cool down from the rumour, a similar point to what @mmmark is saying above, if the selling point of the Xbox going forward is hey, you can play these games 3-4 months early and for a 1/6th of the price, there’s still value there. And I really like playing on Xbox anyway. So this won’t be enough for me to ditch it.

The twist in that idea though, is they have to up the quality of the first party games enormously. IMO their line up has really sucked this generation. And the upcoming games don’t look good to me, either. 

It’s one of the things that lessens the blow of going multi-format. If there was a single “exclusive” I was glad I bought an Xbox for I’d be more annoyed by this whole thing, as I would have wasted money on the console when I could have played it elsewhere.

But as it stands it’s kind of like, well the value I find in Xbox is all Gamepass anyway and not actually first party games. And that remains, so. 

Well I don't buy Egyptian codes and I'm not sure I want to buy the next £500 console wholly as a Game Pass machine so there's that... I guess we'll see what's said next week... and that's if they clear anything up even then.

12 hours ago, Nag said:

Well I don't buy Egyptian codes

So you’d rather pay loads more even if a deal was staring you in the face?

I thought I’d go with a different example and look at NFS Unbound that I got recently from cex, XBSX Vs PS5. The cex I used is in the uk and none of the staff Egyptian. 

IMG_8349.png

IMG_8350.png

idk why there’s such a massive difference other than there’s more ps5s.

My general buying habits are day one digital... I'm well aware I could probably pay less than I do by buying credit in deals and all that jazz, in all honesty i cannot be fucking bothered with the whole rigmarole. For the amount of games I buy in a year I'll continue to do it the way I do.🤷‍♂️🙂

A lot of u-turns/backtracking on the rumours now saying it’s all been blown out of proportion, the only games going to PS/NS is Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Theives, and Starfield is either completely off the table or still in discussion 

My personal theory is that they were going to port Starfield to PS and Sony said if you “fucking bring that shit over here I will put Knack on Gamepass fuck off”

There are converters to use Xbox controllers on PS5. I used one briefly for Strive cause I found the dpad on Dualsense absolutely useless for accuracy, and Series controllers were better. That said the converter is as expensive as an actual controller, and companies like Sony are known to shut down this shit cause they're dickheads. In fact I'm not sure if my converter still works so caveat emptor, but something to check out

39 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

That said the converter is as expensive as an actual controller, and companies like Sony are known to shut down this shit cause they're dickheads.

That’s the problem. I’ve looked into them before. It’s not the price as such it’s the compatibility issue as on it can be shut off at any point. I struggled to  find any PS5 ones too. They mostly seem to be PS4 only.

Edit - just done a lot of searching. Can’t find any that work with PS5 games. Seems the only option is one of those £200 ‘pro’ controllers. Which, when you look at the reviews don’t even seem that good. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/xbox-is-still-committed-to-making-consoles-says-boss-phil-spencer

Xbox is still committed to making consoles, says boss Phil Spencer

Earlier this week, Xbox boss Phil Spencer called an all-staff townhall meeting to address the rumours suggesting that hitherto first-party Xbox games could be released on other platforms, insisting that this did not mean the company wasn't committed to the Xbox console.

According to journalist Shannon Liao, the meeting – which was held with all internal staff on Tuesday – confirmed that the company was indeed considering bringing first-party games to "multiple kinds of devices", and more would be revealed publicly next week.

19 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

There are converters to use Xbox controllers on PS5. I used one briefly for Strive cause I found the dpad on Dualsense absolutely useless for accuracy, and Series controllers were better. That said the converter is as expensive as an actual controller, and companies like Sony are known to shut down this shit cause they're dickheads. In fact I'm not sure if my converter still works so caveat emptor, but something to check out

It's funny isn't it, I don't rate the Xbox dpad at all, I can't understand what they were thinking with it at all, and find the PS5 pad comfortable to use. We'd think we'd all be more uniform. I'm keeping with the topic, I'm glad there's unique stuff about the consoles still 

Off topic, I always liked the PS4 dpad