passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

Board game people. Pocket Tactics did a post of all the good shit that is on sale for Black Friday. 

http://www.pockettactics.com/news/pocket-tactics-presents-black-friday/

I own a lot of it already. Invisible inc for £3 is ridiculous good. 

But there's a few things on there I'm interested in, Pandemic (for £2.29) which I don't own for IOS yet and Forbidden Desert (for £1.49) both CO-OP games by the same creator. Both around £5-7 usually. 

Not sure if they have online multiplayer but presume they do. I won't be around video games for about 6 weeks soon apart from what's on my phone and iPad, so it'll be nice to be still playing something with folk. @Hendo @Jimbo Xiii @Chimay @Pikman

I don't think there's anything on there multiplayer wise like TTR or Disc Driving. I have Talisman but I have played it much. I've heard good things about Splendor but not tried it. Forbidden Desert and Pandemic might be, but I haven't played them yet, I bought them though. 

The best things on the list for me are Doorkickers for 79p which is kinda like Hotline Miami but it plays more like Rainbow Six and of course Invisible Inc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else been playing Plants vs Zombies: Heroes? 

It's their Hearthstone clone but they kept the tower defence/laning stuff from PvZ to add their own twist to the CCG type games. I think it works really well. 

It's F2P but I haven't played it enough to see if done the bad way. Hopefully they've learn from PvZ2. But so far I'm impressed. https://appsto.re/gb/GIcQ7.i

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, retroed said:

Yeah, original reveal stated Feb 2nd on Google Play and later on iOS. However, it is now coming to both Google and iOS on that date. 

And costs £5000 on the App Store..

If this didn't have Fire Emblem in the title and I didn't know what it was. I would of thought it was just another "Fantasy JRPG" copy on mobile called 'Final Episode' or 'Dawn of Ages' or something like that and probably never touched it.

But it's Fire Emblem tho. I hope it's good. Mario didn't have IAPs apart from the main game didn't it? Hopefully they didn't fuck it up.

Also thinking about it Nintendo are going IAP the fuck out of Animal Crossing Mobile aren't they. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

I changed my store location to Japan and went crazy and downloaded:

• Akashic Re:cords
  • Bravely Archive: D
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia
  • Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light
  • Dragon Quest Of the Stars
  • Fire Emblem Heroes
  • Granblue Fantasy
  • Final Fantasy All the Bravest
  • Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
  • Final Fantasy Dimensions
  • Final Fantasy Grandmasters
  • Final Fantasy Legends 2 (Dimensions 2)
  • Final Fantasy Record Keeper
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained  χ
  • Mobius Final Fantasy
  • Samurai Rising
  • Star Ocean: Anamnesis
  • Super Mario Run
  • Tales of Asteria
  • Terra Battle
  • Valkyrie Anatomia

Some of these games have English (and multiple other languages) as an option, but I want to see if I can use these games as language practice.

Most of them are Square-Enix rpgs. Some of them have over 100,000 reviews on the store and must be very popular in Japan.

They were all free to download, with appstore purchases. Time will tell what that means.

Browsing the Japanese store made me realise that the mobile market is CRAZY popular in Japan, at least for rpgs.  A lot of this games (not on this list) seem to be no longer available or have had their "service ended". Seems like a couple of years is the lifespan of a mobile game on the store.

For what it's worth, of the list I posted above, only the two Nintendo games (Super Mario Run and Fire Emblem Heroes), Granblue Fantasy, Final Fantasy Dimensions and Terra Battle had an English language option.

Granblue Fantasy is not available on the Irish app store (I'm not sure if it's available outside Japan) but I played an hour of it, and I liked it. It's free. It's a jrpg with a really nice art style (it's also an anime) and it has Japanese voices with English text. (Platinum Games are actually developing a Granblue Fantasy game for the PS4).

Final Fantasy Dimensions seems like a nice old school FF rpg. I played about 15 minutes of it. I think the first chapter is free and each additional chapter costs money.

Terra Battle seems like a pretty shit tile-based battle game from Mistwalker. I didn't delete it just yet but I probably will unless it hooks me second time around. No story whatsoever.

The rest were all Japanese. However I realised Mobius Final Fantasy, FF Brave Exvius, FF Record Keeper and Kingdom Hearts Unchained were all available in the Irish app store, so I re-downloaded those from there (all free). I also downloaded two more Square-Enix rpgs, Guardian Cross and Guardian Codex, and a thing called the Final Fantasy Portal App which apparently is a hub for FF news - but it also contains Triple Triad with over 300 cards from across the FF series. Looking forward to giving that a bash. 

As for the Japanese games, I kept most of them but I deleted FF All the Bravest as it was gash, and Dragon Quest Monsters Super Lights as I figured if I ever play a DQM game it will be on a Nintendo handheld. I also deleted FF Grandmasters as it was some kind of FF XI spin off multiplayer game.

If any of these games are any good I'll create a thread for them.

For those who play Disc Drivin', they finally updated it after ages of nothing. And it sounds like they're hinting at a sequel, which makes me more excited than I should be. But then I have been playing it every day since I downloaded it years ago.

• 6 months later...

So i'm going to recommend some things i'm playing..

First off is Data Wing..

A story driven racing game. Your car/spaceship handles kinda like the space ship in Asteroid. It's far from perfect but it has a really cool mechanic where if the back of your ship touches the edge of the track you get a boost. The music is really nice too. It's completely free (no IAPs) out for IOS and Android. http://onelink.to/datawing

The next is A Planet of Mine..

A space 4X. game. It's a bit hard to explain so here's the Pocket Tactics Review. The tutorial isn't the best but i like it. It has a free trial then IAPs after. IOS and Android.

And finally the dude that made Age of Conquest IV (which i like quite a lot) new game is out Demise of Nations (another 4X) 

Again free trial then IAPs after. Both IOS and Android again too. I wouldn't mind some MP games of this, pleeeease!

• 1 month later...