passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

The bits of Vesperia that Hendo hates I actually like! I like the end of battle jokes between the characters - maybe they will wear thin but they have made me smile a few times.

Also my dislike for Shadow Complex has nothing to do with the idiot behind the book that it runs in parallel with. I read it on Gaygamer a couple of days before it was released and did think about boycotting it, but then I read that

the game is actually written by Peter David, a straight but extremely gay-friendly comic book writer. David recently participated in the Gays in Comics Panel at the San Diego Comic Con, where Fruit Brute quoted him saying, "I've always included gays in my comics because it never occurred to me not to." He also just "outed" two characters, Shatterstar and Richter, in Marvel's X-Force, giving the company its highest profile gay relationship yet.

So yeah - I am contributing to some weird homophobe but also contributing to a pro-gay writer. Which in my mind makes it OK. I think. :huh:

Ha ha, hendo says 'firing off into the screen' chucklerofl.

I like the chapters thing on this Benjerbreadman, and I like the podcast in general, its a good talky one.

Id like to just say in general that im really pleased with this sites podcasts and then the little discussions around them etc, they seem to have just always been there,(although thinking about it, we must have been doing them for over a year) good work.

MFGamers Podcast 31 - What We're Playing 31/08/09

Pretty much the same games as last week, this time with Red Box Reality 001: Fading Memories and Batman : Arkham Asylum.

A much shorter recording than last time because the original 1 hour recording was scrapped due to sound fuck-ups, we thought we'd at least get something up.

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 31 - What We're Playing 31/08/09

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

Just to say the 'proper' podcast we did was much better than this (I do think Hendo's done a good job with this). It was also easily the most offensive show we've ever done. Shame we lost it as I would have been interested to see what we could have got away with, and what Hendo would have left in :P.

Not sure if we're doing a proper one next week, depends if we play enough I guess, so sorry the gaming week stuff didnt get a mention. We tried squeezing stuff in where we could, but we just didnt have the time to do it properly again

Just to say the 'proper' podcast we did was much better than this (I do think Hendo's done a good job with this). It was also easily the most offensive show we've ever done. Shame we lost it as I would have been interested to see what we could have got away with, and what Hendo would have left in :P.

Oh I don't know, we'd have had at least 10 minutes worth of stuff that could be heard.

The sound came out better than I expected, though I did have to run some noise filters through my voice. I recorded it in a mate's flat so I didn't have my headset with me.

Hi Hendo and Ben. I just wanted to say a big thank you for giving me a plug on the podcast. I really wasn't expecting it, and it shocked me when I was listening this afternoon. When I asked if it was ok to plug my clansite on MFgamers, I was just checking you didn't mind me putting it in a post. But you guys went above and beyond that, and I really appreciate it. BTW my clansite has a large visual link to MFGamers on it. It's been there from the start, because I like being part of your community. Thanks again guys.

Great show chaps. It was still a great listen even if it was the second attempt and half the length. :)

I had an idea earlier. I reckon we should have a deal-of-the-week bit on the podcast, where you mention the best deal posted in the Super Deals section that week, and mention to register/log on to the site to see all the latest bargains. Or something like that, maybe? I would do a brief MP3 clip each week if I wasn't so rubbish and didn't hate hearing my own voice.

Even when hastily thrown together it sounds pretty good. ;)

I think I might try and scrape something together to get Batman, it does sound like the type of thing I'd like but I thought it would be the type of game that would be discounted pretty quickly but since the critics are loving it and it looks to be selling pretty well, I think I'm in for a long wait for it to hit the magic £17.99.

good podcasting as usual guys. having listened to some other podcasts recently it makes me realise how good this one is, you guys never get stuck talking about one thing for too long. other podcasts seem to fall into this a lot and even if the subject is interesting it can get boring hearing about the same thing for 30+ mins.

I'm just repeating what I read on hotdealsuk. Maybe it was a weekend thing that ran out or something :unsure:

I tried that Red Box Reality demo a couple of months ago.

I didn't like it, I found the whole presentation a bit pretentious. It was hard as hell too, but not fun enough to make it worth sticking with.

Yeah i'd agree with that. I dont hate it and it is only 80 points, but still I'm struggling to say it's worth people going out and buying

MFGamers Podcast 32 - Music From Games vol.12

Tunes chosen by Badger McCornish, Ben, Craymen Edge, Cyberpunk, DifferentClass, Hendo, JimboXiii, RetroEd, Sly Reflex and wiivo.

Soundtrack link mentioned in the show - http://kylegabler.com/WorldOfGooSoundtrack/

Theme music courtesy of Brad Sucks found at http://www.bradsucks.net

MFGamers Podcast 32 - Music From Games vol.12 (Enhanced version)

MFGamers Podcast 32 - Music From Games vol.12 (Standard version)

(right click, choose save as...)

Subscribe in iTunes.

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic